Just Stripped Off Some Shelving For My Fermentation Fridge. What's

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
grind it flush with a sanding disc on a angle grinder then put 1 or 2 layers of fiberglass over it

I Like what spoonta says. At first I was thinking fiberglass is a bit too much, but you'd want to be damn sure you fill those holes if you're siliconing it.

I Like what spoonta says. At first I was thinking fiberglass is a bit too much, but you'd want to be damn sure you fill those holes if you're siliconing it.

I covered all mine with duct tape, the heavy duty metallic looking one. I did tape the crap out off them but it has held together after 12 months. Including routine sprays with starsan.

grind it flush with a sanding disc on a angle grinder then put 1 or 2 layers of fiberglass over it

Do I put fiberglass on top of the silicone and that's it? And where can I buy fiber glass strips?

no mate just fiber glass and resign do not use silcone as the glass wont stick to it

also were do you live as I know bunnings sells fiber glass

What's the best sealant for styrofoam in bar fridge? Don't want this to mould.

Will silicone sealant from bunnings work?

http://imgur.com/a/4aEer
Any surfboard manufactures or shapers near you they have always got scrap fiberglass laying around or try a surf shop and get a ding repair kit!

no mate just fiber glass and resign do not use silcone as the glass wont stick to it

Also grind 50mm both sides of the foam. this will allow a better bond of the glass. :)

EDIT: oh btw i dont mean to grind the fridge off around the foam till u go through just scuff up the surface a bit fiberglass sticks better to rougher surfaces :)

I left my styrifoam bare. Never went mouldy. Now of course if u spray beer on anything it will go mouldy.

in my second keezer conversion I used enamel paint when I was priming my timber. Thst should see u right rather than screwing around with fibreglass

Edit. Wet area silicone also does the trick

I left my styrifoam bare. Never went mouldy. Now of course if u spray beer on anything it will go mouldy.

in my second keezer conversion I used enamel paint when I was priming my timber. Thst should see u right rather than screwing around with fibreglass

Yeah also if u dont want to mess with fiberglass you could scrape some of the foam out and just use 2 pac car bog. it will seal it up and go rock hard too. and if it looks too shit just paint it and it will look like the shelves were never there.
Oh and yes he ment resing not go and quit your job :p

Yeah also if u dont want to mess with fiberglass you could scrape some of the foam out and just use 2 pac car bog. it will seal it up and go rock hard too. and if it looks too shit just paint it and it will look like the shelves were never there.
Oh and yes he ment resing not go and quit your job :p
Bunnings has builders bog in small tins should do same job for about $10.

Its polyurethane foam, not expanded polystyrene (eps) foam.

There are a number of expanding foams and tapes you can buy that have anti-bacterial coatings on them. That's what commerical coolrooms use. I don't know if "food grade" is the right wording but it's on that track.

grab a can of polyurethane (builders) foam and put a capping on. use only a little. when it cures shave it back. it does degrade but by the time it has you'll probably need a new fridge...

i just used a whole heap of gaffa tape on mine
looks to be doing fine after almost a year

Back