Just pouring head

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crill26

Reaction score
Hi everyone

I’ve just purchased a 50L keg of Furphy. I’m using the A type couple for that keg. I’m using the same lines as I normally use for my home brew kegs but just pouring froth. The liquid line looks good. It’s just from the tap. I’ve tried different pressures.
Does anyone have a link to a good video that could help. I’ve transferred some to a 19L kegs for Xmas day but after having some schooners it just tastes flat after settling. ‍♂️

Have you taken apart your tap and cleaned it? It could be a bit of hop debris or something causing turbulence in the flow.

What temp is the keg, and what tap are you using?
(I have no idea, but the more information, someone might be able to chime in).

Could be a long shot, but my fridge sometimes kicks in for too long and puts an ice block in the base of my kegs, especially in warm weather. The ice-block creates turbulence before entering the dip tube and foams at the tap. It's easy to swirl it around and see if the weight feels odd, but could be tough with a 50L leg.

Cant speak from experience as have never had a commercial keg, but my initial thought is the keg is carbed with the expectation of long commercial lines ie carbed higher than our usual set ups.
You need to add resistance to the pour ie longer line or flow control tap.

Yeah I pulled the tap apart and gave it a clean.
I think timmi9191 hit the nail in the head because I dropped the pressure over night and today I’ve been pouring perfectly. Just hope the beer I transferred to my 19L for Xmas day isn’t flat.
Cheers for the replies guys

Latest posts

Back