Just Beer?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
crusher.
good work.
sounds like you have a good way to get rid of friends swill beer they leave behind. feed it to the pigs.

Jovial monk
I have just bought some tommy toe non hybrid seeds from eden seeds so I am keen to see how they turn out. I like the idea of being able re-sow the seeds collected from your own garden. I have heaps of non hybrid seeds from tomato, chilli, capsicum, watermelon and popcorn.

Jayse
I don't live on Copperhead road........but Toowoomba comes pretty close :lol:

hoopsunitedbrewery said:
Jayse
I don't live on Copperhead road........but Toowoomba comes pretty close :lol:
Now isn't that the truth :D

Jayse,
Must admit , the pigs are partial to any left over homebrew.
Crusher.

i have a fermentor full of infected i.p.a that would marinate the pigs nicelly from the inside out.

just had a taste and holy jeebus its as tart as could be.
it looks fine smells great and behing the infection it taste great but the bloody hot wether as allowed a infection to turn it into a very tart brew.
i would like to have a least some sort of animal enjoy it.
it was a double batch so luckily i got one keg out of it. which by the way is to die for.

simon
the cool rooms still only a white box.
i know, i know, get my stuff together. i have the parts to make it cold just need to pull my finger out.
iam moving house now as well and my brewing has sadly been over looked.
i was watching the brew everyday..
i see the good thing about glass secondaries now. you just can't see enough in the top of the plastic pieces of junk.
oh and all my fridges are full of beer so no room their either.

Crusher,

You should try your hand at cheese making. THe Whey that gets extracted just goes down the sink (you need huge amounts to mkae riccotta), but apparently it is an amazing pig food!

Wasabi,
Have always wanted to try cheesemaking, where do you get your milk supply from. Prosciutto ham from Italy is made from pigs fed especially on whey from cheese making.
Crusher.

hehehe the ol home made pizza debate hey Murray...

Olives? Thers so many way of preparing them. I prefer the balck ones that are salt cured. Just store them in hessian in a container with lots of salt (about 1 - 1.5 kilo of salt per kilo of olives) for about 4-5 weeks. Taste to see when they are ready.

cheers

Crusher,

I just use standard supermarket milk (mainly due to lack of choice), but my mate in Sydney who got me onto cheesemaking buys organic milk.

My wife goes to college with a guy in Woy Woy who reckons there is a place near him that sells unpasturised goats milk. I always thought that was illegal but he says it's not if it's sold within close proximity to where it's milked. I don't think he's right.

Supermarket milk makes fine cheese though. It's the Rennet and starter that are the mystery. My mate gets it from a supplier in VIC who is apparently the primary importer of those items in Australia. Though my first cheese was just made using lemon juice.

The Rennet cheeses are a lot better though.

Do you have a milk source?

Back