Just Answering

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Two good mates of mine have recently returned to SA after 1-2 yrs in Brissie.

Swings and roundabouts!? :icon_cheers:

I'd go back to the Northern Rivers today but queerland needs me too much :icon_cheers:

Just a question, is queensland a little less nanny state. melbourne/vic is really starting to annoy me with that shit. so why not move to qld, the jobs pay more, the sun comes out more? What are the downsides? (other than the positives that Melbourne does have, sport/food etc)

Fresh food is good but the restaurants are generally lame. There is plenty to like here and quite a few annoyances.

Try getting a driving license in this village, it's like going back to the dark ages! The TV is somewhat retarded, it's a good thing there is lots to do outdoors. Too many tourists though! The city is run over by tourists.

On the + side, the people are generally nice ;) I still like to go back to Melbourne when I can manage to, it's like stepping back into civilisation.

I'm staying for the wildlife...

Just a question, is queensland a little less nanny state. melbourne/vic is really starting to annoy me with that shit. so why not move to qld, the jobs pay more, the sun comes out more? What are the downsides? (other than the positives that Melbourne does have, sport/food etc)

The tired old labor gov up here has just about rooted everything. Electricity and rates are though the roof, rego for a 6 cyl is about $800, huge tolls on all the latest roads, bridges and tunnels. Our public transport is among the highest priced in the world and set to go up 15% per year, unfortunately it is not to a world class standard. It does not pay to get sick in QLD either as labor has also rooted the health system, you can wait years for elective surgery. If you are thinking of moving to the Gold Coast and opening a business, then you may want to think again, for the past year or so it seems there has been at least 1 to 2 businesses being held up every day. Bob Katter was banging on about QLD being a nanny state with 70,000 pages of legislation and I agree with him. You can't do squat up here without a permit or the government's hand in your pocket. You need a fishing license to fish fresh water and the gov wants ( or wanted) to extend that to salt water. I would not say the sun comes out more much these days, SEQLD seems to be returing to more a tropical climate than it has in the past. Lots of regular rain and when the sun comes out the humidity is up 80-100% not nice at all. On the upside, the people up here are great, they are a friendly bunch and I think that when the flood occurred and the Mud Army came out in force it showed the kind of people QLDers are. I have to say QLD is a great place to live, exept at State of Origin time if you happen to be a cockroach like me.

cheers

Browndog

Rad-Adelaide?

looks like we no who Browndog is voting for... :beerbang:

Adelaide, corruption capital city of Aust. Labor fighting very hard against getting a corruption watchdog.

Introduction (numerous failed attempts costing millions) to bring in anti-association laws.

Loss of freedom of rights ALL over Australia.

:icon_offtopic: Tell me about it, people are too scared to call a spade a shovel. Bloody ridiculous and very un Australian..
Next there will be internet censorship because we paid for the NBN but they control it.
Nev

Internet censorship is already here under the guise of the ACTA agreement. Apparently Australia has already signed this treaty without one word of public debate on the matter. This treaty in the UK has resulted in the Greater London Council preparing a bylaw to ban any photograhy in Trafalgar Square on the grounds of copyright infringement.
Cheers Altstart

Internet censorship is already here under the guise of the ACTA agreement. Apparently Australia has already signed this treaty without one word of public debate on the matter. This treaty in the UK has resulted in the Greater London Council preparing a bylaw to ban any photograhy in Trafalgar Square on the grounds of copyright infringement.
Cheers Altstart
I noticed UK had closed own some torrent sites, looks like we are next.
Be alarmed but dont be aware .
Nev

you can not own a rabbit in queensland.

they keep the tolls on the roads after the tolls have paid for the roads many times over.

the hot chicks are far and few between and the hot chicks are made from plastic. watch out for crocs... not just the local cops too.

umm the place is filled with cane toads and sugar cane. everywhere i went in queensland the outskirts of town was marked with sugar cane.

+1

The morons who still give approvals for CSG and fracking. Why has none learnt from the lessons in the US.... Bloody shocking. Mind you, the opposition and 'I'll close all public services' Newman is definitely no better, and be f%*ked if I'm giving Katter too much power... He says it like it is, but often how he sees it, and how normal people see it are not one and the same....

And while I'm on a rant, the courts and magistrates especially need to start handing out punishment that actually fits the crime. Boot a few people to prison for life (actual life, not '15 years' life) and you might start seeing the opportunistic criminals who know they'll only get a slap on the wrist, think twice before pulling stunts like armed hold-ups for a measly couple hundred dollars...

OK, ok, rant over!

Latest posts

Back