Just A Bit Of A Rant...

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, point taken.

Does anyone remember the Bowling Club across the road from the Lansdowne (in the park - Victoria?) ? It was knocked down about 10 years ago.

But I do remember Mascon Festival.

ED: Actually I do remember there being more than just the gate that is currently there.

OK, point taken.

Does anyone remember the Bowling Club across the road from the Lansdowne (in the park - Victoria?) ? It was knocked down about 10 years ago.

10 years ago I was 15, so I do remember drinking in parks just not that club in that park.

But I do remember Mascon Festival.

ED: Actually I do remember there being more than just the gate that is currently there.

LOL, sure, but it was hardly Burning Man

I saw a very adolescent silverchair at the Vic Park Bowling Club. Groupies at 14 ? Wow !

:p

It's often deceiving to some that my bald head belies a long-hair life outlook.

SO you're not the first one to tell me that !

sick of going to too many pubs ordering a pint of coopers pale ale and getting the bottom of the keg, "yeah i asked for beer not bloody MURRAY WATER!

cheers
carty

Matt,

That would be the beginning of the keg I would suspect!! Perhaps buy your CPA by the bottle??

cheers

Darren

Ahh I remember getting a pint of Orange Coopers- the guy at the pub tried to convince me that pints like that have people runing to get one. I told him to pour it down the sink and give me a stubbie.

Fortunately we don't have to put up with any of that nonsense on Bribie Island where the tap lineup consists of

Pub:

VB
Carlton Draught
XXXX
XXXX gold
Hahn Special Light
Pure Blonde

RSL

Above plus:
Tooheys Old and New
Guinness (brewed at Yatala of course)
Cascade light for the real old diggers who can't drink beer any more.

There used to be Stella, Kilkenny and Becks at one stage but they have fallen by the wayside.

Having said that it's an improvement on when I arrived in Queensland in the late 70s where beer on tap consisted of:

XXXX pubs: XXXX
Carlton pubs: Carlton

:blink:

The BUL stuff is completely different from the original product, and the thing is, the BUL stuff in aussie is completely different to the BUL stuff in NZ, take Heineken for example, in NZ its bitter, where as the Aus equivilant is a million times sweeter!! Its crazy! I think they tweak the recipe to appeal to the local market...

The BUL stuff is completely different from the original product, and the thing is, the BUL stuff in aussie is completely different to the BUL stuff in NZ, take Heineken for example, in NZ its bitter, where as the Aus equivilant is a million times sweeter!! Its crazy! I think they tweak the recipe to appeal to the local market...

But what they don't realise is that I (we?) buy their beers because they aren't like anything available on the locally brewed market!

Was at the Fairfield boathouse on saturday and my wife (bless her) asked the staff whether the becks was imported. It was, and the difference is incredible. I can't describe the actual flavour, but I get the same flavour in the last few Helles I've brewed with Weyermanns pilsner malt. That flavour is completely absent in the BUC version. Local malts maybe? The malt flavour was so much more obvious and was much better balanced by the bitterness.

James

Luckily Becks hasnt managed to crack into the BUL market over here, means you end up paying $25 for a dozen becks instead of $20 for a dozen Stella, but I mean, what would you rather do?

You were at the Lansdowne ? Is there ANY soul left in that place?

I saw the Tea Party's first ever australian show there.

DUDE, nice one!

foaming at the mouth, oh wait thats just the icecreaam i poured from my unbalanced keg setup :D

cheers
carty

Matt,

That would be the beginning of the keg I would suspect!! Perhaps buy your CPA by the bottle??

cheers

Darren

:eek: buy bottled beer at a pub, how dare you!

but seriousely, I do love the stuff dont get me wrong, but JSGA is a much better drop anyway IMHO.

cheers
carty

Back