June '05 Long Brew Weekend

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doc

Doctor's Orders Brewing
Reaction score
The June long brew weekend is all but on us again.
A good opportunity to get some serious brewing done.

Unfortunately I have a very sick family at the moment, so at best I might just get a single brew done. If so it will be an Alt or an HourGlass IPA.

So what are you brewing ?

Beers,
Doc

Doc said:
The June long brew weekend is all but on us again.
So what are you brewing ?
[post="62813"][/post]​

Will be a Scottish or Northern Brown Ale for me. Still working it out at the moment.

Two Brakspear brews, 50/- pale (1865) and Amber Strong (1795) both in the OG 1065-70 range. Thames Valley I & II yeasts combined

Jovial Monk

At this stage, nothing! I've brewed the last three weekends in a row and have four batches sitting around in various stages of completion so think it's perhaps time for a break.

Although I have been meaning to do a wheat. Maybe just one more.

Well WA being different as it is we had our long weekend last w/end. Brewed an Alt which is bubbing away slowly :)

I did an ESB last weekend, which seems to be going ok. I seem to have lost the seal in my fermenter after taking the sealing ring out to clean it. Oh well, the krausen looks healthy.

Good Day
Hope to brew an alt and a kolsch using the WLP036 Dus. Alt that is suppose to ferment at 10-12oC.

Was to be the byo Duvel Clone but alas couldn't get the yeast but the WLP550 I did get should make a nice Saison!- Any tips Doc?

Too much family stuff on over the weekend, plus a few rugby games thrown in. I'm putting down an APA tonight,though.

- Snow

I've got 3 fermenters full at the moment. I will be bottling one brew but will not brew this weekend.

cheers
johnno

Same here Johnno. I'll botle two brews - a Kolsch and a Best Bitter/Pommy Pale Ale - and rack the other - an alt. No brewing but still productive ;)

Shawn.

We just had our long weekend in NZ

Kegged a brown ale Friday night

Racked the bitter Saturday

Kicked off another brown ale Sunday

A quick dump & stir Black Rock kit on Monday

Also managed to get in front of the telly to catch a bit of rugby !

I aiming for three brews this weekend.

ESB and Pale ale on Saturday. I'll then try my hand at the infamous Flour Wit on Monday. I have tried this recipe a couple of times before with varying levels of success (ranging from absolutely none to very minor). For some reason I keep on coming back for more. The idea of using that amount of flour in a beer intrigues me.

Bagnol

Ah the joys of parenthood, off on a cub camp this long weekend.
melbourne next weekend
then ..... I feel an 80/- coming on
which is a more radical concept than some might think, it's a beer style I've never yet brewed, after all I wouldn't want to be stereotyped :p

2 brews this weekend now that I've removed the Partial Skunk Fart from the fermenter...A Czech Pils and a Bavarian Lager.

TL

My timing is out.
The brews in the jerrys have just been bottled, nothing in the fermenters is ready to rack back into them, so no fermenters available to take advantage of the weekend.
:blink:
Doh!
I may squeeze in a English bitter on Sunday, or it will have to be a quick dump and stir on Monday.
Looks like I'll just have to empty some bottles on Saturday.
:beerbang:

mikem108 said:
Was to be the byo Duvel Clone but alas couldn't get the yeast but the WLP550 I did get should make a nice Saison!- Any tips Doc?
[post="62867"][/post]​

If it is your first Saison and you haven't brewed a Wit before then don't go too heavy on the orange peel and corriander.
Ferment at the upper end of the yeast range to get some great flavour into the beer as well.

Beers,
Doc

Due to time constraints plus 5 hours of V8s on Sunday my pick will be just a couple of quick ESB fresh worts - Stout and the APA

Latest posts

Back