Jsga

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im thinking it was made in Winter 2003 and release that Summer but that is guess.

Peas are you saying they changed it in 2001.... Im pretty sure I was drinking the limited edition (which was beautiful) after that....

Im still yet to try a James Squire anything... Are the bottled ones worth going out of my way to try? Or nah?

In saying that, dont even know if I can get them over here :huh:

In saying that, dont even know if I can get them over here

Yeah, but you're in Steinlager heaven. What else would you need? :)

Yeah, but you're in Steinlager heaven. What else would you need? :)
:icon_vomit:
Bro I just spewed my lunch aye! <_<

Steinlager is just sooooooo crap! And Steinlager pure??? Could you get a beer that tastes more like water? Probably not! :p

Whats the East India Pale Ale like???

sorry :icon_offtopic:

Whats the East India Pale Ale like???

sorry :icon_offtopic:

Is that a sick joke? <_<

But seriously, where the hell do they get east india pale ale from? Tui is not hoppy, its not aley, its not malty, its dishwashing liquid :icon_vomit: But then again, so are all NZ mega swill beers...

Hasnt some of it somehow made its way across the tasman? And I really stress the somehow part cos who the hell would import it??

Yes I was joking....
I ran a Bistro next to a kiwi pub, well when I say kiwi it was run by kiwi's which brought a huge kiwi crowd bro!
Alot of them drank that straight from the can. That pub had lots of kiwi megaswill and aussie too....

Is that a sick joke? <_<

Hasnt some of it somehow made its way across the tasman? And I really stress the somehow part cos who the hell would import it??

Yup sadly this excuse for a beer is available in oz. Stupidly bought a case of the stuff in 500ml cans and can agree with the dishwashing liquid malt verdict.

A real shocker. <_<

Hopper.

Yes I was joking....
I ran a Bistro next to a kiwi pub, well when I say kiwi it was run by kiwi's which brought a huge kiwi crowd bro!
Alot of them drank that straight from the can. That pub had lots of kiwi megaswill and aussie too....

ROFL, straight from the can sounds about right :lol: Apart from at rugby games and events then they drink it out of a plastic bottle :p Its really sad aye? Also, most kiwi drinkers suffer severly from brand loyalty, so they continue to drink the same crappy beer over and over, for the rest of their lives :eek:

And Hopper, I feel for you!!! A whole case????? Bet you wont be making that mistake again ;)

Dunno why they would .. but there again we end up with enough bad Aussie beers on our shelves too.
Shipping swill around the world must make someone a buck eh ?

Dunno why they would .. but there again we end up with enough bad Aussie beers on our shelves too.
Shipping swill around the world must make someone a buck eh ?

Funny thing ive noticed is tho, most of those bad aussie beers get sold as "premium" over here and are generally a step up from the run of the mill tui or export... <_<

And Hopper, I feel for you!!! A whole case????? Bet you wont be making that mistake again

Yeah was a bad experience! Got seduced by the big orange can and the kiwi on the front and thought "Hey! That's new, and it's imported! It must be good!". The fact it was darn cheap should have been a wake-up call that something was up. Took them on a fishing trip and came mighty close to :icon_vomit: !!!

And the water in the bay was flat - it was all the beer's doing! Fortunately was able to palm them off on a few mates, but was a close call.

Hopper.

Yeah was a bad experience! Got seduced by the big orange can and the kiwi on the front and thought "Hey! That's new, and it's imported! It must be good!". The fact it was darn cheap should have been a wake-up call that something was up. Took them on a fishing trip and came mighty close to :icon_vomit: !!!

And the water in the bay was flat - it was all the beer's doing! Fortunately was able to palm them off on a few mates, but was a close call.

Hopper.

The fish must have smelt the "waikato river water" and gone running :lol:

lol @ "it's imported! It must be good" :lol:

Back to the topic, I read somewhere that the last digits on the use by stamp show where it was brewed and can make a fair difference to the taste.

Look for "15", avoid "142", IIRC...

I would say you read it on the last thread for JSGA....

I started doing that, but really can't be bothered going from bottle shop to bottle shop...

One more week, one more week and I can drink my own. Im so excited!

I would say you read it on the last thread for JSGA....

I started doing that, but really can't be bothered going from bottle shop to bottle shop...

One more week, one more week and I can drink my own. Im so excited!

I hate the waiting game, I feel for you Katie!

Have you got another couple of brews going? Otherwise youll run out and have to play the waiting game again! I try to have three or four fermenting at all times...

I hate the waiting game, I feel for you Katie!

Have you got another couple of brews going? Otherwise youll run out and have to play the waiting game again! I try to have three or four fermenting at all times...

I have a hopburst ale bottled also, pick up my gear on Saturday... then start brewing the following weekend. Those two brews we assisted another AHB brewer. I have 5 fermenters so will be double batching for awhile!

I have a hopburst ale bottled also, pick up my gear on Saturday... then start brewing the following weekend. Those two brews we assisted another AHB brewer. I have 5 fermenters so will be double batching for awhile!

Good to hear :beerbang:

I hate the waiting game! I cracked open a 1.5L PET of Smurto Golden Ale yesterday, it was carbed enough to drink, and very tasty with the extra late Amarillo additions.

Back