Jsga

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Black Dog Brewery

Reaction score
Bought a carton of beer to day and thought Id get a JSGA. Its been awhile since I last bought some but I was very surprised at the lack of flavour. Have others found this and when did it happen?

Cheers BDB

hah... AHB needs a JSGA wiki entry.

dejavu... its happening again!!!

Didnt we discuss this trevc like 3-4 weeks ago?!?!! ive found the bottles to be lacking but the kegs at JS brewhouse in the CBD of melbourne still have all the grapefruit flavour of Amarillo! New season hops in different batches maybe?

Didnt we discuss this trevc like 3-4 weeks ago?!?!!

Yeah, there's been a few similar threads already.

The best solution is to make your own, or buy LCBA instead. At least then you're not playing the "who made my JSGA?" lottery.

The LCBA is no better, it has lost the taste and is a bland shadow of what it used to be.

Oh well... I guess that leaves the first option. Don't forget to dry-hop with plenty of fresh Amarillo, and suga in the boil!

Groundhog Day......

Yes mines beautiful, even after 4 days in the bottle....

You only waited four days? I guess that's better than serving straight from the fermenter.

Yeah, suga is the key. Just not too much, especially if you're using US05. Those yeasties will gobble up everything but the airlock if they get a taste of suga.

You only waited four days? I guess that's better than serving straight from the fermenter.

Got impatient... waiting another two weeks for the rest of them though... I have four in glass which Ill hold on to.

Sugar?

Mash low (~65C) and you get a nice fermentable wort. Ends up dry enough IMO.

Guess it depends whether you are aiming to clone JSGA as it stands today or not.

On the 1 occasion i added sugar to an AG i shed a tear when tipping it into the kettle. Just doesnt feel right.

On the 1 occasion i added sugar to an AG i shed a tear when tipping it into the kettle. Just doesnt feel right.
The monks don't seem to mind ;)

Peas are you saying they changed it in 2001.... Im pretty sure I was drinking the limited edition (which was beautiful) after that....

Latest posts

Back