Jsba(ish) Recipe Critique

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

milestron

Reaction score
Hey all just putting together an extract recipe based (loosely) on Tony's LCBA recipe in the database (http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/index.php?autocom=recipedb&code=show&recipe=301) but I've substituted the hops for what I've got on hand.

2x Coopers Light LME Tins (3kg)
500g Carapils steeped
500g Caramunich 1 steeped
Centennial 10g @ 45 mins
B Saaz 10g @ 45 mins
Centennial 15g @ 20 mins
B Saaz 15g @ 20 mins
Centennial 20g dry
B Saaz 20g @ 20 mins
US05 yeast

It's only very roughly based on the recipe, I'm not really that fussed with creating a 'clone' beer just one which tastes awesome and I was hoping to use up what's on hand so it's still fresh. The K&E spreadsheet gives me 30IBU 14.4 EBC and 4.9% Alc

Any suggestions? I've also got bits of Amarillo, Liberty, Fuggles and Goldings on hand in various quantities. Main concern was that the Centennial has a higher AA% but I think I've tweaked it ok so it shouldn't be too bitter. Cheers all

Personally I would drop the both the carapils and caramunich 1 down to 250 -300g max each.

It may be a bit to cloying with 500g.

But then, Im no expert. :icon_cheers:

Coops.

sounds good - i can save the rest for the next brew and cut this one down to 250g each

oh yeh also forgot to mention boil volume is 15 litres

Back