Js 150 Lashes

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dont mind it and working in gunnedah I was amazed to see it on tap (never used to be in that pub) It was bland and tastless but 1000% better then any other beer on tap and only 30c a schooner more which is not bad. The guy there said I lost a bet on this beer!! I was like what do you mean? he goes I bet one of the chick that worked there it wouldnt sell and they have been selling heaps of it!

I'm pretty picky and quick to slag off JS.........but.......

I like this beer. It is hoppier than any other JS beers (in an aussie, dry, slightly harsh, shrubby, gumtree, native Aussie flower sort of way). On tap its very fresh and half decent.

I'm backin up my comments , currently having one at James squire bar Perth. It's a decent beer. Uniquely Aussie, not supposed to be an apa or an english pale.

One of only a few beers I have ever tipped, absolute crap, nothing unusual for James Squire though.

granted their porter is bloody fantastic....

I'm probably talking out my arse here (after a few 8%+ belgians tonight) but I still like this.
Spent a years loving the Golden Ale, another year wondering what went wrong (there's a thread somewhere here about this), and now I've tasted the Lashes... my tastes are constantly changing, so for the moment, this my favourite tap beer.... next to Old (or any fancy schmancy beer i've never heard of but am willing to try).
And it sounds pretty ******* awesome saying to the barmaid "A schooner of lashes thanks, love!"

FWIW...The local bowlo were serving Australian Brewery Pilsner the other night. Bloody LOVERLY!
Honestly we've got the bug. We see a new beer. We taste it. Simple really. Even a bad beer is worth trying... at least for the experimental value.

yep I paid $9 for a ashai one day as I wanted to try it. I dont know if it was the tap beer they had but I would rather drink a megaswill it has more flavour. I had the lashes at a few places and it is not a bad beer its lacking what I would put into a beer but its by far the beer of choice if its on tap. Brewing your own beer has its downs I guess as you are always chasing the flavour and you can control that soon your drinking beers with 200g of hops in the last 20 mins no bittering hops and come to a pub to have a lashes and go that taste bland and tasteless. Yet your VB drinking mate goes HOW THE **** CAN YOU DRINK THAT! lol

yep I paid $9 for a ashai one day as I wanted to try it. I dont know if it was the tap beer they had but I would rather drink a megaswill it has more flavour. I had the lashes at a few places and it is not a bad beer its lacking what I would put into a beer but its by far the beer of choice if its on tap. Brewing your own beer has its downs I guess as you are always chasing the flavour and you can control that soon your drinking beers with 200g of hops in the last 20 mins no bittering hops and come to a pub to have a lashes and go that taste bland and tasteless. Yet your VB drinking mate goes HOW THE **** CAN YOU DRINK THAT! lol

The 200g of hops recipes will soon subside.

In then end we all end up making well refined lagers. A well-trained monkey can make an IPA taste nice.

Was at the local leagues club tonight and had this on tap, at one stage the shout got mixed up and a mega swill drinking mate had my beer and I had his tooheys. He took a sip of my beer, looked at me and said, "I think I have your beer, it has a heap more flavour". I swapped beers without taking a mouthfull of his and said, "yeah not a bad beer for the same price as what yours is".

Yes even thouh JS is now owned by a mega swill giant, I would sooner drink this beer than a lot of the others that are offered on tap at most local establishments. I admit that the prior JS was a much fuller flavoured beer , but unfortunately it never seemed to make it into the pubs and clubs like it does now.

First time I tried this beer I thought.....................mmmm they're going down the Australian Pale Ale path..............almost Coopers-ish. Don't mind it, easy drinker. I'm thinking some wheat and NS for bittering (read cost saving high alpha bittering hop) but I keep wondering what yeast they are using? Could it be they use a little Amarillo with the Tooheys No 2 for a bit of fruitiness ......

Screwy

First time I tried this beer I thought.....................mmmm they're going down the Australian Pale Ale path..............almost Coopers-ish. Don't mind it, easy drinker. I'm thinking some wheat and NS for bittering (read cost saving high alpha bittering hop) but I keep wondering what yeast they are using? Could it be they use a little Amarillo with the Tooheys No 2 for a bit of fruitiness ......

Screwy

I'm thinking it is the worst of their beers and is as close to megaswill as you would want...........They've stolen the carlton ducks arse hops and the gorilla foreskin yeast also from carlton I'd humbly suggest. How do the people that make that porter produce this crap!

Rowy

Had quite a few schooners of it last weekend, and at one point, I could have imagined it, but at one point, it had a hop aroma, and tasted pretty nice. It may have just been the beer talking, but it wasn't horrible.

Had quite a few schooners of it last weekend, and at one point, I could have imagined it, but at one point, it had a hop aroma, and tasted pretty nice. It may have just been the beer talking, but it wasn't horrible.

You imagined it............someone slipped you a XXXX Gold Liam. I'll buy you one on the 8th and you'll see what I mean :icon_cheers:

I'm thinking it is the worst of their beers and is as close to megaswill as you would want...........They've stolen the carlton ducks arse hops and the gorilla foreskin yeast also from carlton I'd humbly suggest. How do the people that make that porter produce this crap!

Rowy

Love the Gorilla Foreskin Yeast ref :lol: but the Porter is a Lager with some roast wheat. What's the lager yeast strain, used to have a really ordinary name like No1 :lol:

Screwy

Latest posts

Back