John Guest Fitting Tool Bulk Buy

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mobrien

Stubborn Scientist Brewing
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am using John guest fittings at various places throughout my setup, and while they are good, I end up swearing at them until I can hold my tongue right to get the damn fitting off!

I saw the official tool to make this easy in use at Andale yesterday, and it makes it easy! Very easy. Too easy. I need some!

So I found where I can get them:

http://johnguest.com.au/part_spec.asp?s=ICLT_D1

Cost per unit for 5 delivered to Brisbane is $11. Cost per unit for 10 delivered to Brisbane is $6.20.

So who wants a set of the tools? I want to order next week. Local pickup is prefered (maybe the Batz brewday?) but postage can be arranged at extra cost (actual cost). Likewise for people not in QLD.

PM me your details, or post here.

Matt

I guess I should explain how it works.... the tool slides in between the stem and the grey release ring, and you use the tool to hold the release ring down. Then with your other hand you just pull the stem out.

Its really that easy, and this way my wife won't know when I'm disconnecting stuff, as it will be done without the swearing :D

Matt

I just push the grey bit back into the fitting and the line comes out easy,i dont see the need for the tool just mack sure the end of the line is cut off square

I don't see the need, except for when you use tubing that is slightly too big. Then it can be a pain to remove, but i fail to see how the tool will help.

you guys must have trickier fingers than me!

Then again, I am not using hose into a John guest fitting, I'm using a John guest stem, in which case maybe the exacting tolerance and/or the rigid plastic might make the fitting tighter than flexable hose?

Whatever the case, for the $5-10 investment, it will certainly be worth it for me!

Matt

The tool will be good for me, as I will be copying Hoops' Idea of swapping the car valve bottle charging head with the gas disconnect using interchangeable john guest fittings. So I'll take one.

Cheers - Snow

I got the fittings themselves from Andale at coopooroo - but they don't/won't sell the tools.

Matt

Bulk buy? I'm in, put me down for 1.
OK what did I just buy?? :huh:
I have had a few of the JG fittings that are a real PITA to remove, others are fine.

Oz - I got my last JG fittings from "Tony Powell Hose & Plumbing" 238 Robinson Rd Geebung ph32651144

Hoops

Hi Everyone,

I'm about to order these - anyone want to add their name?

I have:

me (mobrien)
als_world
Hoops
Snow
ozbrewer

Matt

Righto - they are here - I ordered 8, so I have some spares - final cost is $8 each to Taringa - plus postage if you want it sent to you. Pick up here is fine - I'm still trying to get to the Batz brewday, but its not looking great as I am in the process of moving!

I just did two independant tests comparing using the tool to remove a stem from a john gues fitting compared to using just the hands. The result:

Me - without tool, 1min 35 seconds; with tool 6 seconds
My wife - without tool, gave up; with tool 8 seconds.

:D

So first three others in get one!

Matt

mobrien said:
Me - without tool, 1min 35 seconds; with tool 6 seconds
My wife - without tool, gave up; with tool 8 seconds.
[post="67701"][/post]​
Did she break a fingernail :p

he he - something like that! I think it was more to do with not winning the race :D

Matt

well done mrs mobrien

mr mo brien cn you email me your bank stuff and ill send the $$$

How many who ordered (or want) the John guest tools are going to batz brewday? I'm wodering about a short trip up for part of the day to distribute these and pick up my AG setup :D

M

i wont be, but maybe some one can drop it off to me on the way back

How did this go?

Anyone end up with more than required?

Batz wants one :p

Batz

me too.not that ive many j guest fittings.ive seen these fittings at wurk so may have a look around.if i find any batz i will let you know. ;)

big d

Back