John Guest Fitting On Regulator Output?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vortex

Reaction score
Had an issue with a leaking CO2 line recently, which left me with an empty bottle (noob mistake, put it togeather and didn't check for leaks!). I have picked up some threaded ball lock connectors, JG CO2/Beer line and associated JG connectors. But there is one connection still that I want to upgrade, and that's the regulator output. I don't like the idea of heating the hose and stretching it over the barb, and then also using a hose-clamp if I don't have to. This wasn't where I had my leak though, so perhaps I'm overcomplicating it and I probably don't need a JG on the regulator output. But I still want to know :)

Has anyone swapped to some kind of threaded outlet so a JG fitting can be used on the regulator?

I've tried but dont seem to be able to get the barb off my reg.

Had an issue with a leaking CO2 line recently, which left me with an empty bottle (noob mistake, put it togeather and didn't check for leaks!). I have picked up some threaded ball lock connectors, JG CO2/Beer line and associated JG connectors. But there is one connection still that I want to upgrade, and that's the regulator output. I don't like the idea of heating the hose and stretching it over the barb, and then also using a hose-clamp if I don't have to. This wasn't where I had my leak though, so perhaps I'm overcomplicating it and I probably don't need a JG on the regulator output. But I still want to know :)

Has anyone swapped to some kind of threaded outlet so a JG fitting can be used on the regulator?

I have a JG fitting on my reg that I use with a soda stream bottle I use for my party keg set ups. JG makes it easy to change things around when you need to. I have 3 different mobile set ups, so using JG fitting is a breeze.

I use this Fitting or this fitting . Not sure which thread it was.

Also I use these clamps on any barb fittings for my gas hose in my bar. Haven't had a leak since using them and the gas is always on. When I used the worm style hose clamps I lost a full 6 kg bottle from a leak.

Cheers WoolBrew :icon_cheers:

I have been looking for regulators in the UK. (going on holiday shortly)
Alot of the shops sell them with secondary's all setup with JG fittings.

Back