jockey box coil from plastic beerline?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodwormm

Reaction score
does anyone know if a couple metres of 5mm beerline coiled in an esky full of ice would provide any chilling effect to a beer?

thinking of running a hop randell on top of my portable esky setup but worried the beer in the randell will get warm, so was considering running it back through esky again before tap... randell won't fit in esky and it's as much about the w@nk factor of seeing it as it is about the taste!

cheers

http://aussiehomebrewer.com/topic/68434-home-made-jockeymiracle-box-for-fridge/#entry966225 Helles did one with 10m beer line. Claims to be useful for only a couple of glasses.

I am sure I have seen previously on here someone who did 2 coils of beer line in a jockey box and claim it successful. They had some sort of spacer between the coils but I can't remember what the spacer was or who they are now. Nevertheless, you definitely need more than a few meters of line.

The hosing doesn't conduct well enough so it won't cool down in the time the beer gets passed through it. Thats why stainless is the better, but also more expensive, option

yeah this is a bit of boy's trip thing for sh!ts and giggles... I can't see me spending much time or $ on it! I've already created a 5 tap 5 keg 'esky'!

Amber Fluid said:
http://aussiehomebrewer.com/topic/68434-home-made-jockeymiracle-box-for-fridge/#entry966225 Helles did one with 10m beer line. Claims to be useful for only a couple of glasses. I am sure I have seen previously on here someone who did 2 coils of beer line in a jockey box and claim it successful. They had some sort of spacer between the coils but I can't remember what the spacer was or who they are now. Nevertheless, you definitely need more than a few meters of line.
Yes this does work a couple of pots
Then need to wait a bit 4-5 minutes is enough
Beer comes out cold

Waste of time, you need to do these things properly. I stand infront of these things for weekends at a time, you need to spend the dosh or all you'll get is foam.

No i spent 3 weeks drinking out of this Beer line magic box at Christmas 2011
Aswell as every long weekend of the year
Not once did i get a glass of foam
Not once did i get a warm beer always cold as long as kept up with the ice
I now have one with 2 stainless steal coils in it and 2 taps
It is a hell of alot better with stainless but the beer line does work

Edit: put the Randel in the esky

Helles, i do not believe you. I do this for a job mate, want to pour more than 2-3 pints an hour, then your dreaming. I have used magic boxes at festivals where we have gone through 2-3 keg an hour without missing a beat. Stainless coils are the second biggest waste of time as well. Happiness in dispense is only with a plate, , at least 15 foot of embedded coil, plug out of the esky, reg at 220 odd ...

Back