Jerman dog discovering biers in Perth

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

V-Dawg

Reaction score
G'day all
I 've been playing around with my AG setup for a while now after getting bored with kits. Growing up with boring straight beers like all these german pilsners, koelsch, altbier etc ale was a thrilling discovery for me in Oz :)
Hoping to get some discussion here about my experiments - right now I have this ESB that I split and fermented 1/4 of the batch with Windsor, 1/4 with Munich and the main part with WY ESB. The small splits taste.... weird... I wonder whether its my delay in bottling and possible oxidation or I just don't quite like the yeast/beer. The deep important questions in life! Might makle it my first comp entry to learn more :D
Else - who's selling a 50L keg for a HLT? Anyone?? Hello???
Cheers

Hi mate, and welcome aboard.

Can't help you with the keg, but I'd try gumtree to start of with. There's always someone selling 50l kegs.

If you're after grains for your next brew, you can check out my site at www.bulkbrewingsupplies.com.au.

Good luck with your brews,

Andrew

Nice prices, will get in touch when I need to refill base malts.
No luck on gumtree so far...

Hi and welcome V-Dawg :)

Don't know if it is exactly what you need but might be ok. I was given a Keg a short while ago that I was hoping to convert to a Mash tun, it turns out that someone decided to make a big ice bucket. The top has been cut right off,I would say that it would hold about ~30 -35lts. PM me if interested

Also, if you are interested there is a West Coast Brew Club that is great :) http://www.westcoastbrewers.com/index.php/forum/index

Hi V-Dawg,

I have a 50L keg for $70 & I'm in Bayswater, I was going to make a reflux still with. Can't be bothered with the still due to my obsession with building a braumiser (creative cheap-ass Braumeister). On that note has anyone got any ideas on a march pump alternative. I love to save $ and give my overactive mind a challenge. Cheers

L-Bomb has some stuff for sale still too doesn't he? Check out the marketplace forum...

Thanks all. I fianally found one through gumtree from a guy just a block away from me :)
I rescued it from becoming a BBQ drum!

@Dars183 - is there a party bus service from the Riverdale to Hami Hill? :D

Latest posts

Back