Japanese Classic Ale

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spamdecs

Reaction score
Anyone had this beer from http://hitachinonest.com/? I tried it at a restaurant in Seddon last night and was extremely pleased to have a Japanese beer with flavour. I'm looking for some kind of recipe so I might be able to try something like this at home but so far have come up empty handed. Best I could find was a couple of recipes they give for the brew-on-premises thing they do (via beerinjapan.com) but not the JCA.

Any clues about at recipe?

Cheers!

I think to brew like Hitachino, you need to first undertake 10 years studying Japanese game shows, learning to grow rice on a quarter acre farm and the art of salting plums. Then it will come naturally.

Disagree.u just need to develop a high level of brewing knowledge and brew quality beers

tanukibrewer said:
Disagree.u just need to develop a high level of brewing knowledge and brew quality beers
Plus those red rice and ginger brews as well.

tanukibrewer said:
I don't think you get jokes...

Even if Tanuki does not get or appreciate my humour (common occurrences in my day-to-day living), he has got a serious set of salted plums on him, so watch what you say.

I had a Pint of Hokkaido lager on tap the other night at a jap resturaunt and its a wonderfully light creamy subtle drop . If your into that sort of thing.

Id love to be able to replicate a rice lager like that.

Back