Quantcast

Jan 2013 Upgrade Issue

Aussie Home Brewer

Help Support Aussie Home Brewer:

dane

Reaction score
Please post any issues you're having with the site here.

Known issues (there will be lots)
  • Skin isn't final, so there are lots of default colours and icons - this will be addressed
  • Signature aren't displaying unicode characters properly
  • RSS feed may be broken or aren't working
  • Search is disabled - the board is in performance mode while the background rebuilding finishes
  • Google search results are broken
  • Redirect error on mobile skin
  • Member profiles aren't visible
  • Retailers icons aren't visible
  • Some post images are broken (please report broken images)
  • Quotes and emoticons aren't styled/visible - (should be fixed, please broken posts)
  • Fetching new topics via AJAX returns the same items
  • Post perma links on paginated pages don't appear to be working
  • Editor options appear broken
  • Beer Labels and AHB Meetings Albums in the Gallery are showing up empty
  • Ad's are currently being displayed via JS and there is a perceivable delay as they load
  • Quoting may have issues (IPS editor issues, known issue)

mattyc

Reaction score
Hi Dane, just letting you know searching comes up with:
Oops! Something went wrong!
[#10145]Search is not enabled on the community at this time.

Hubert

Reaction score
Dane,
The 'Like This' button returns the error below:

An error occurred
You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

Cheers,

H.

Bribie G

Adjunct Professor
Reaction score
So what does AHB stand for? Amateur Home Brewers, Archetypal Heretical Brewers? Or is the heading temporary?

DUANNE

no chiller and botulism free since 2010
Reaction score
is there a view active topics or latest posts function? be buggered if i can find it if there is

Yob

Hop to it
Reaction score
ow my eyes.. hang on will turn on the light.. bit better (nutz.. no sarcasm font)

dane

Reaction score
danielrose said:
Daniel where did you get those links from? Just another post or did you have them bookmarked?
Bribie G said:
So what does AHB stand for? Amateur Home Brewers, Archetypal Heretical Brewers? Or is the heading temporary?
The Title tag should be fixed now! And just to clarify we're Aussie Home Brewer's but no one ever says it out loud.

And liking content should now work.
Hubert said:
The 'Like This' button returns the error below

barls

causer of chaos and mayhem
Reaction score
wheres the new posts or unread post button.
making me manually trawl through the forum.
can we please have it back

tiprya

Reaction score
Need latest posts back, that's the main way I navigate the site.
Put it up the top right where it used to be please :)

bum

Not entitled to an opinion
Reaction score
Not an issue per se (and may well be rectified with future skins) but there is a LOT of wasted space. Two single lined posts take up an entire screen on a 15in laptop.
Quite like the layout otherwise. Love the new logo. New mobile version looks and works great on iOS. Recent and unread topics elements do need work, as previously mentioned.
[EDIT: Is there a "mark all posts read" button for the whole forum? Probably should be if there isn't one that I just can't find.]

dane

Reaction score
@Bum: Thanks for the feedback, this is all just an initial step and I'll be addressing most of the issues shortly.
There is a Mark Community Read link right at the bottom left of the forum.

bum

Not entitled to an opinion
Reaction score
Ah, cool. Thanks. I completely stopped looking for it at the end of the members in chat section (so close, yet so far).
I've only been looking at the new set-up for a little bit but it seems to me that the recent topics box only updates when a new thread is made rather than bumping with actual activity. Is the the desired behaviour?

yum beer

Not in the house, you've got a shed..
Reaction score
Not a fan of the new site, I know its only early days but it seems fiddly to navigate and posts are difficult to read (its not clear what is a quote and what isnt).
I know Dane you say things will be better, seems to me its another one of the many upgrades for the sake of upgrades that continually happen in the world.
A wise man once said "If it aint broke don't fix it"

dane

Reaction score
bum said:
Ah, cool. Thanks. I completely stopped looking for it at the end of the members in chat section (so close, yet so far).
I've only been looking at the new set-up for a little bit but it seems to me that the recent topics box only updates when a new thread is made rather than bumping with actual activity. Is the the desired behaviour?
Yeah it's just a default hook, we're used to Recent Posts (listed by topic) - I'll get something similar back again.

yum beer said:
Not a fan of the new site, I know its only early days but it seems fiddly to navigate and posts are difficult to read (its not clear what is a quote and what isnt).
I know Dane you say things will be better, seems to me its another one of the many upgrades for the sake of upgrades that continually happen in the world.
A wise man once said "If it aint broke don't fix it"
Quotes are just skin related (or an older post that hasn't rebuilt yet), so that's a minor issue that will be fixed.
It actually had nothing to do with upgrading for the sake of upgrading, the old site hadn't ben upgraded in 5yrs and there were security issues, there was no mobile skin, and registrations were closed. There was a lot wrong.
It's only early days but I'm confident any issues will be ironed out in due course.

Latest posts