Jamil Does Arrogant *******

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a quick update on where my AB clone is at. I brewed on Friday morning, pitched the dregs of 1 lt starter into a 3 lt starter then those dregs into 2 lts of wort (if that makes sense) The wort has gone nuts! In 48 hours it has gone from SG 1.068 to 1.029 and krausened some time during the night. Before I went to bed I had to clean the top and sides of the fermenter. I can only guess that it took off because I used oxygen for the first time. I was concerned, at pitching, that I may not have used enough O2 but that is clearly not the case. I did use the wyeast yeast calculator to make sure i did not over pitch. The sample I took today is very bitter/sweet, more so than yesterday's sample. I've not used Chinook at these amounts before so I'm guessing that the sweet flavour may be the hops. For those that are interested the recipe is here.
http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/inde...mp;#entry744999

Edit. Why did my pic get lazy and fall over?

IMG_0249.JPG

For all those that are interested, Mika, Sydneybrewer and Supra-Jim, it's in the kegs. I tasted the remnants from the filter, for research purposes of course. It is a bitter *******!!! :icon_drool2: Perhaps I'll rename it. I can't keep calling it a clone as it's a bit light on for colour, who knows about the other specs. I Ross'd the kegs so I can have a little taste tonight if I feel game.
Supra-Jim, if you do the next swap I'll bring you a bottle, now get brewing on your version! :beerbang:

How did you go with this razz? I just litened to the show the other night and am keen to give this a crack. Was in San Diego in August and went to the brewery... the beer garden they have there is unbelievable...also some of the best food and beer pairings I've ever had. Can't wait to see if I can get a close version of AB to show my friends and family what I've been talking about these past few months!

The hop aroma has held up surprisingly well for this long in the keg and the malt has dominated the hops in the flavour profile. About four weeks ago the first keg ran out and the second keg tasted quite fresh. I was impressed with how nice it was drinking after only four weeks in the keg, the hop bitterness was a lot like Punk IPA. I really want to brew this again but there are others on the list, Sierra Nevada Bigfoot or another from Stone. I'm envious of you getting to the brewery moosebeer, any pics?
PS. I did get a huge hop haze from the dry hopping.

kicking up an old thread thread instead of starting a new one

AB clone is going to be my beer after next . have listened to the podcasts, well flicked through them to hear the recipes and the results

seems the simple 2nd version - 90% pale 10% special B recipe seems to be the one that got the best reaction.so thinking of going with that

anyone else tried the various recipes ?

I can't help with your inquiry Mongey, but when you posted on Friday I had copied the recipe for a brew day today so I thought I would report back. I can't believe that it is 7 1/2 years since I brewed this. I have the chiller in the kettle at the moment and apart from keeping the recipe the same I am whirlpooling for an hour with 100g Chinook pellets. Smells nice, love Chinook. I also plan to add 250g to the fermenter, which I didn't do before. Happy days!

I can't help with your inquiry Mongey, but when you posted on Friday I had copied the recipe for a brew day today so I thought I would report back. I can't believe that it is 7 1/2 years since I brewed this. I have the chiller in the kettle at the moment and apart from keeping the recipe the same I am whirlpooling for an hour with 100g Chinook pellets. Smells nice, love Chinook. I also plan to add 250g to the fermenter, which I didn't do before. Happy days!
nice

did you make the 90 Pale 10% special B recipe or one of the other ones

sweet

Making an american brown this weekend and gonna re use the yeast for my AB in a few weeks . my local doesn't stock WLP007 so using Nottingham.

I kegged this latest AB clone yesterday and gave it a sneaky taste when I got home from work this morning. Quite impressed with the flavour and got a nice hoppy flavour, aroma and firm bitterness. A tad unclear at this early stage but it should clear up nicely, I've added some Deltafine to each keg, which I've not used before.

I kegged this latest AB clone yesterday and gave it a sneaky taste when I got home from work this morning. Quite impressed with the flavour and got a nice hoppy flavour, aroma and firm bitterness. A tad unclear at this early stage but it should clear up nicely, I've added some Deltafine to each keg, which I've not used before.
Nice. I made mine and it’s in the cube waiting for me to bottle current batch so I can put it on. , hopefully this weekend.

I used Safale US05 this time WEAL. I pretty much hit 80% with it it every time I use it. I would like to use the WLP007 again, it does a great job. You're going to the Disneyland of IPA's and you "may" come back wanting to brew one? It's an addiction! Carry your bags sir?..................

Last edited:
So mine is done and bottled. Came out pretty good. Looks a few srm lighter than the original. Taste wise it def has notes of the original. See how it develops in the bottle.

The. Nottingham did the Buisness. Og 1070 and it got down to 1012.

So tried one after a week in the bottle and I’m pretty impressed. Color has def matured
To be pretty close and flavor def
Ticks allot of the boxes. Need to get 1 to compare.

Will only get better as it’s only a week.

Latest posts

Back