James Squire's The Constable

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Camo1234

Reaction score
Had this one at the cricket recently and was very happy to get a decent beer instead of smashing down watery Carlton mid all day long.

Does anyone have a recipe that they have tried for this or a good guess as to a starting point?

Start with a good Amber recipe and lower the ABV and bitter with Topaz and Galaxy for aroma

Had this one at the cricket recently and was very happy to get a decent beer instead of smashing down watery Carlton mid all day long.

Does anyone have a recipe that they have tried for this or a good guess as to a starting point?
Are you serious??? They actually had this at the cricket??? I love all James Squire ales. They brew a bloody decent drink!

I concur, had it at the Perth test, was well worth the extra $1.50 over the Hahn catastrophe that was on tap.

I'm glad to hear this, the last time I went to the cricket it was VB or XXXX.

James Squire is the best thing out of the Lion Nathan arsenal. They can keep their locally brewed Guiness and Stella.

However... I haven't tried The Constable yet. Must find. Must buy. Must drink.

Yep it wasn't for sale in the same bars as the standard beers but was available at a couple of temporary bars around the place at the Ashes.... Has the body and taste of a full strength and was great to drink a nice beer all day long. Will definitely brew something similar.

It is a tasty drop. About 3.5% from memory. Nice though. I grabbed a six pack on the way to a BBQ. I could nearly have driven home!

The Constable is really nice. It tastes a lot like LC Rogers. There are recipes on this forum for Rogers. Might be a good place to start.

Latest posts

Back