James Squire Porter Recipe Wanted

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wobbo

Reaction score
Hi,
Looking for an all-grain recipe for JS porter clone, has anyone brewed one that comes close?

Cheers
Wobbo

Already tried that and couldnt find one, hence the request!

Wobbo

Is this porter recipe a clone of the JS? It doesnt mention it.

Cheers
Wobbo

I dont think so Wobbo but all the porters I have tried all taste the same

Pumpy

Wobbo said:
Is this porter recipe a clone of the JS? It doesnt mention it.

Cheers
Wobbo
[post="56951"][/post]​

Probably not at 12% chocolate. There are heaps of porter recipes around this site, but most of them are true porters and will probably be a bit darker, maltier, fuller bodied than JS porter. If you really want JS porter I think you would need to take one of the porter recipes, cut back on the dark grains, and brew it with a lager yeast. Mind you its a long time since I tried one, but I recall it being dry and thin for a porter.

i remember reading that js porter is made with weyermann chocolate wheat, tettnanger hops and a lager yeast - i'd guess 25-30IBUs, 1050, i dunno

Pumpy said:
I dont think so Wobbo but all the porters I have tried all taste the same

Pumpy
[post="56963"][/post]​

Shame on you Pumpy, how could you suggest that all porters taste the same!!!

Sorry Ross I thought I would cop some flak from the off the cuff remark

I have only tasted the Porter at the James Squire brewery in Darling harbour and I enjoyed them both it was very nice and the Porter that Gerrard Brews at Paddys and on reflection if I had to choose I liked the one Gerrard brewed .

I cant really say since brewing AG I have ever brewed a beer that I dont enjoy .

On the recent Sydney Pub crawl ,I loved all the beers I drank .

Perhaps I am not so pedantic about comparing beers to style exactly.

Pumpy

Back