James Squire Docklands Closed?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beer Krout

Reaction score
Was in the New Quay part of the docks meeting up for a meal with friends, last Friday.
Thought I'd grab a quick JS Porter at the nearby JS Docklands venue, while I was waiting.

To my surprise the place was closed and small A4 paper stuck on the door, saying something about payment of rent and re-letting.
Must be some screw up. As I'm sure Lion Nathan can afford the rent.

Anyone know what's going on?

BK

Wow, with Melbourne being a CUB closed shop until recently you can't imagine Lion Nathan being blindsided by that one for very long :eek:

phone rings out,website dont work..

Under the impression that JS places are privately run (franchisee ?) - closed shop selling only JS and not owned by Lion Nathan.

Wonder if it is the same at the Russell St venue?

Strike that off my must do in Melbourne while at ANHC..... Bugger!!!!!!! :angry:

Strike that off my must do in Melbourne while at ANHC..... Bugger!!!!!!! :angry:

It's alright mate, you can still go to the CBD JS in Russell Street, known as the Portland Hotel.
It hasn't got as great a view as JS Docklands, but still has all the JS taps.

It's alright mate, you can still go to the CBD JS in Russell Street, known as the Portland Hotel.
It hasn't got as great a view as JS Docklands, but still has all the JS taps.
Or can he? The link for Melbourne at the official JS Brewhouse page is turned off. Only Sydney works.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

its all you freeloaders taking advantage of UFC live. Same on you... shame on you. :p

The portland has always been the better of the two evils. ;)

After club night, not sure I'm going to want to see another beer for at least a week.

Crazy talk, I know...
After club night I'm not going to want to see another beer until at least morning tea at the conference the next day :)

Sweet... back to scoring free UFC.

Anyone interested in hitting it up for UFC 125 on Sunday the 2nd? Lightweight Championship fight.

Latest posts

Back