J.s. Oatmeal Stout

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crusher

Reaction score
Has anyone done a J.S. Oatmeal stout yet? Put one on about 2 & half weeks ago but F.G. wont go below 1022. Didnt add any extras, just what was supplied. Its on a heat pad & I gave it a good shake after 12 days. Any help appreciated Crusher.

i think green iguana has put this on. reports were it was good. try searching for the post.

My J.S oatmeal stout has had 6 weeks in the bottle and i can say that it is a great beer.......not as robust for some maybe, but good if you are like me and prefer a mild stout....also did a deep roasted ale which was fantanstic....even the woman commented on how nice it was and she normally hates dark beers.....

Not sure whats going on with your brew crusher.....you've done the right thing with the shaking...but don't let the temp go up heaps to try and get it to finish.....if it's had 2 weeks in the primary u might want to rack it maybe and just wait...be patient and the SG should come down...
One thing though....Make sure you are not getting air bubbles on the hydrometer giving higher readings.......give it a good spin in the sample tube before reading....

Could one of u blokes that have brewed a partial mash Oatmeal Stout please post the recipe.

Back