It's Pub Day!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Borret

Crazy Eye's Brewery
Reaction score
I love recieving an email message every Friday morning which says "It's Pub day" and then another at 11:30 to give us the Bistro Lunch Specials.

How many people do the same on a Friday and if so what decent beers do you get at the work Local? ....... and who's stuck at work.

I've just got back from Chicken Kebabs and rice and a schooner of Tooheys Old. :rolleyes: It's so hard to work now.

HOW'S THE SERENITY :chug:

Borret

Borret sat here at working watching the clock....just got back from the pub, steak n chips n salad, schooner of stella and a schooner of Newcastle Brown.... just wanna go home and have another beeeeeer :(

I used to drink every lunch hour. Still don't know how I managed to do anything in the arvo's :p
Nowadays, it's the pub after work on Fridays only. Been clock watching since bloody 2:00pm! :angry:

Can't wait

Cheers

Mmmmm....

A kebab in hand is worth two in the bush. :blink:

Old proverb.

Warren -

The only option immediately after work is Melbourne Bitter :angry: :angry:

I had a schnitzel and a Schoefferhoffer (sp?) Heffeweizen.

Haven't done a thing since i got back, and don't think i will ;)

Boots said:
I had a schnitzel and a Schoefferhoffer (sp?) Heffeweizen.

[post="77612"][/post]​

Boots.

Try saying that three times fast. :lol:

Warren -

Boots said:
Haven't done a thing since i got back, and don't think i will ;)
[post="77612"][/post]​

:lol: Ditto :lol:

Borret said:
[post="77614"][/post]​

So what else is new? :p Gotten any goodies out of that bin yet? :lol:

Warren -
(doing nothing)

I'm lucky enough to work near The Brewhouse (formerly Auroras) in the city. It seems everytime I go in there the head brewer has put something new on tap. Today it was an amber ale - very nice. Great T-bones and chips for $11.90, too!

Cheers - Snow

warrenlw63 said:
Borret said:
[post="77614"][/post]​

So what else is new? Gotten any goodies out of that bin yet?
Warren -
(doing nothing)
[post="77615"][/post]​

Na, the buggers had emptied the SS scrap bin before I got to it for the usual Friday run. Maybe I'll find a conical SS hopper in there next week that I can chop up and make a collander from :lol:

:ph34r:

Hey look! No S/S conical. But I got me a very nice Dero!! :lol: :lol:

Warren -

I'm off to the opening of a new yuppie pub in Perth ... The Broken Hill Hotel in Victoria Park... It was an old bikey pub that has just been gentrified....
Their spruking the fact they have a huge range of boutique local beer on tap. Will soon find out :chug:

I was born in Broken Hill BTW :beerbang:

Asher for now

My work local is Paddy Maguire's. Guiness and Killkenny are the totality of Irish beers :\ They have St Arnou's range on a rotating (possibly random) roster, as well as Becks, Heineken, 1886(??) and that cider whose name escapes me for the moment (EDIT: Bulmers). They also have $18 fish and chips and a range of other exhorbitantly priced bistro food. I wish I worked closer to the Porterhouse.

Well i work from home, so a simple 5 sec walk to at least a dozen beers on tap & no worries of drunk driving - Should have done this years ago... :D :D

Ross said:
Well i work from home, so a simple 5 sec walk to at least a dozen beers on tap & no worries of drunk driving - Should have done this years ago... :D :D
[post="77671"][/post]​

Awwh come on Ross. That's false advertising. There's currently on 11 on your signature list :eek:

Borret :p

Borret said:
Ross said:
Well i work from home, so a simple 5 sec walk to at least a dozen beers on tap & no worries of drunk driving - Should have done this years ago...
[post="77671"][/post]​

Awwh come on Ross. That's false advertising. There's currently on 11 on your signature list :eek:

Borret :p
[post="77677"][/post]​

Bugger you're right - But it has been a heavy intake period with the footy finals & the CRICKET :D I better get brewing...

Excuses, Excuses. :lol:

Pommy's always saying things are bigger than they really are :lol:

Get cracking boy

Borret :blink:

Back