It's Awesome When People Love Your Hb

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Truman42

Reaction score
Had my wife's family Xmas day party on boxing day with 30 of her family, and my folks down from Cairns. I gave out my black IPA for those that drank beer to try and was stoked that all but one of the 7 people that tried it said it was very nice and asked for more.
Even more so because they were all drinking Corona and Boags.

The one who said he didn't like it was drinking VB.

Says it all really.

Its awesome when your friends say they cant drink pure blonde anymore after having your beer :)

I was sooooooo stoked when I let the boys from the QLD swap try my beer (the first time I have allowed my beer to be tried by anyone other than my immediate family) and they said that they loved it.

It really made all the money, time and effort I have put into brewing seem all worthwhile.

Nothing better than someone trying your beer and saying its good (and I know the boys on AHB wouldnt pull any punches when it comes to beer)

I got a warm and fuzzy feeling inside....

I gave my neighbour one of my beers the other day (which must of been at least a little bit good as missus loved it and she hates beer) he seemed to like it. The next day when I was mowing the lawn he gave me a melb bitter and said here have a real beer.

Not sure why my all grain beer wasn't real but oh well

I have found that it is nice when people try your beer and tell you they like it without scrunching up their face.

However, it is awesome when they actually ask for seconds

well my dad loves my beer, I made a random IPA with hops I had left over and a basic grain bill and he bought a 6 pack of IPA with him and only drank 1 of them :p and we gone threw 3/4 of a keg and prob 1/4 a keg of my lager. Also the geo at work I asked if he likes beer and he said yes!! and goes you will prob hate me but I hate aussie beer but the james squires. So I bought him a APA and he liked it and then I brewed a malty lager and he said it was the best lager he has had. I could pick the faults but it was a nice crisp beer and had a bit of malt backbone but was not very bitter.

I pick my own work more then others will I am like that at work and with myself. If you are going to do it do it right the first time I think lol. I love working alone at work as other people just hate dont like the standards that I would do and I guess that runs to brewing and anything I like to do it once and right :p hard to control with brewing but can be done

Sure it's great, but when you've got it on tap and SWMBO's family loves it then it gets dangerous. Case in point they're here tonight sucking the life out of my Vienna Lager. Thanks Bribie G!

-Clint

I am lucky only my family like good beer. And I live 900km away so the misses family say is it VB?? and I go NO! its got flavour and they say well I am alright :p dont mind if my dad drains my kegs he paid for the fence and helped me do heaps around the house. I dare say there will be a case of coopers in my fridge when he leaves to so 2 kegs a heap of work and a case of coopers isnt a bad deal :p

It certanly is a good thing. Nothing better than having people drink your beer and enjoy it!

It certanly is a good thing. Nothing better than having people drink your beer and enjoy it!

Just offering my services to try ALL of your beers, and enjoy them ............... just sayin'.

A ggod mate has been "enjoying" my beers for a while now,caught up with him yesterday and he,d bought a 40l crown, BIAB bag, grain and all the stuff to do a Golden ale because he wants to drink beers like mine! Shit what a compliment! :icon_chickcheers:

Yes, a good feeling. The wifes brother came for a visit last week. He's retired now, but managed clubs all his life. A born and bred Black drinker, i served him up from a half full keg of Operation Mongoose.

He was complimenting it from the start and by the time he left 4 beers later he'd said " This is as good, or better, than any black beer i've ever had from the commercial breweries."

Not bad after 6 months experience :icon_cheers:

I am still of two minds. Friends come over and are somewhat apprehensive to try homebrew beer. When they try the beer and like it the tell me "This tastes like real beer"

I am assuming it is a compliment?

Well done, Truman. You are now a real brewer, with endorsement from others!

I generally get positive comments on mine, and I've shared it with quite a number of people over time.

The latest comment was from my brother-in-law, who took a swig of a dunkelweizen I served him last week, "That's beautiful, that really hits the spot, did you really brew that?"
Another one, from a friend of ours, commenting on a Mild I'd served him, "How do you get so much body and flavour in a low alcohol beer?". Well, that's where brewing skills come into play!

The only negative comment I've had is from my son, who said my beers are "too malty, too hoppy". Thanks son, for that positive endorsement! Shame your taste is still firmly stuck in TED territory.

And it is a good feeling when your guests are happy to come back for refills of your brews.

Well done, Truman. You are now a real brewer, with endorsement from others!

I generally get positive comments on mine, and I've shared it with quite a number of people over time.

The latest comment was from my brother-in-law, who took a swig of a dunkelweizen I served him last week, "That's beautiful, that really hits the spot, did you really brew that?"
Another one, from a friend of ours, commenting on a Mild I'd served him, "How do you get so much body and flavour in a low alcohol beer?". Well, that's where brewing skills come into play!

The only negative comment I've had is from my son, who said my beers are "too malty, too hoppy". Thanks son, for that positive endorsement! Shame your taste is still firmly stuck in TED territory.

And it is a good feeling when your guests are happy to come back for refills of your brews.

It always seems to be to do with the purpose of drinking as to whether they enjoy craft beers or not, I like to compare a nice rich imperial stout to a rich chocolate cake that you struggle to get through and could never go back for seconds but are more satisfied with a smaller portion which in some cases encourages drinking in moderation which can be a good thing sometimes.

:icon_offtopic: ?????

I have found that it is nice when people try your beer and tell you they like it without scrunching up their face.

However, it is awesome when they actually ask for seconds
My bro text me and said "How much is your beer a carton?". I told him $85 but it's on special at the moment..lol
He said he would like some more. Don't think I'll give him a carton worth but good to know he liked it enough to want some more.

Served my first Extract brew to my mates at my 30th a month ago. I thought they were paying lip service to it by saying they liked it at first, by then end of the night they'd cleaned up 5 longnecks of it! My parents and uncle like it too (Uncle is a home brewer but still just does kit and kilo)

But, I can't drink it. To me it kinda tastes 'artificial' (for lack of a better description), but I don't actually like it enough to drink a longneck of it on my own... Honestly not happy with it; but I have plenty to learn and plenty more to make :)

I took two boxes (3 x 15 bottles) of a XXXX Clone, A Belgian Blonde and a trippy Amarillo Belgian Saison to a mates, and the Saison got nailed.

Surprised the shit out of me. Punters love Amarillo. I think they also love beers with low body.

Is Saison a gateway beer, I wonder?

Served my first Extract brew to my mates at my 30th a month ago. I thought they were paying lip service to it by saying they liked it at first, by then end of the night they'd cleaned up 5 longnecks of it!

im gonna get my arse kicked for this, but im puzzled. I am not trying to be a prick (but aware it will come across that way..)

In my circle of friends/social scene, 5 long necks is something that i would consider drinking by myself. It's only ten beers.
Do i do this all the time? no i don't, it's just that it surprised me that at a "special birthday" event, the people only got through 5 longies.

unless it's a typo and you meant to say 5 boxes!

just having a friendly dig mate.

im gonna get my arse kicked for this, but im puzzled. I am not trying to be a prick (but aware it will come across that way..)

In my circle of friends/social scene, 5 long necks is something that i would consider drinking by myself. It's only ten beers.
Do i do this all the time? no i don't, it's just that it surprised me that at a "special birthday" event, the people only got through 5 longies.

unless it's a typo and you meant to say 5 boxes!

just having a friendly dig mate.
It's cool :) In the grand scheme, yeah it's not much - but even though they all like a drink they don't drink excessive quantities :) That was between three of them though. Still I was surprised considering I didn't like the beer myself, and there was plenty of other commercial beer to choose from at this party and I didn't expect any of it to get drunk :)

Latest posts

Back