• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Italian Spiral Burner

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hellbent

Reaction score
as I have been kicked out of the kitchen I am now looking for an Italian Spiral Burner or something similar to use in my shed with a 9kg gas bottle.
Any one know where I can get one from? I come across some old AHB posts from about 3 yrs ago on the matter and the suggestion there was "cellarplus" I've looked at their site and nothing come up. Can someone guide me in the right direction to get one??

Crazy idea but I'd try the sponsors :)

Or beerbelly.com.au does a good setup.

I'd say you'd need a medium pressure regulator to get the most of it.

as I have been kicked out of the kitchen I am now looking for an Italian Spiral Burner or something similar to use in my shed with a 9kg gas bottle.
Any one know where I can get one from? I come across some old AHB posts from about 3 yrs ago on the matter and the suggestion there was "cellarplus" I've looked at their site and nothing come up. Can someone guide me in the right direction to get one??

Here. The new version.
http://www.beerbelly.com.au/burners.html

There are also cheap copies getting around You could try Ebay and there are threads here in gear & equip that may contain links.
Daz

Here. The new version.
http://www.beerbelly.com.au/burners.html

There are also cheap copies getting around You could try Ebay and there are threads here in gear & equip that may contain links.
Daz
I can vouch for the Italian spiral burner and adjustable reg. that Beerbelly sells. Had mine for over 12 months and it's a wee ripper. No regrets there.

Cheers
ToG

Got mine from local camping store in Epping Vic

I can vouch for the Italian spiral burner and adjustable reg. that Beerbelly sells. Had mine for over 12 months and it's a wee ripper. No regrets there.

Cheers
ToG

Bingq! looks good thank you .
cheers

just rang cellarplus.about $90 assembled without regulator..h/p reg $50

Thanks for taking the time and effort mate I appreciate it. I emailed cellarplus yesterday and received this reply today

Thank you for your enquiry . Yes we do sell these gas burners Currently offering at less 25%

drago black frame is $ 95 now 69.90

and orange h/duty is $109 now 79.90

WE HAVE REG AND HOSE SETUPS FROM $17.79

So there you go if anyone wants a bargain. thanks again for your help

Hi, sorry to resurrect an old thread, but my question relates to the thread title.

I currently have a 23 jet Mongolian burner on a stand, and was connecting my medium adjustable regulator from beer belly when I noticed the brass 1/4 inch ball valve attached to the burner had cracked. So I made the trip to bunnings and master, but both had nothing. Upon researching on the forum a few people have mentioned not to use medium adjustable regulators on Mongolian burners. I also found that the Italian spiral burners are the popular choice among home brewers. So I have the following questions;

Do I replace the pipe and tap fitting that grain and grape offer? And go back to the low pressure BBQ regulator? Or
Purchase a new Italian spiral burner? So I can use my medium adjustable regulator.

Apologies for the dumb questions

Nugget

The consensus here was that the Mongolians are dirty blood drinking vandals.

Wait... Wha!! Oh, the burners. Yea, everyone says they burn sooty if the control is turned down. Never had that problem with the spiral burner. Some guys had posted thread dimensions on the Mongolians where the jets fit, they put in bolts to reduce the number of jets in lieu of turning it down. All in all, I reckon they are overkill. The spiral is pretty efficient and has lots of grunt.

Depends how much money you want to spend overhauling your setup.

CIG or any gas place
One in Briar Hill if that's close

practicalfool said:
The consensus here was that the Mongolians are dirty blood drinking vandals.

Wait... Wha!! Oh, the burners. Yea, everyone says they burn sooty if the control is turned down. Never had that problem with the spiral burner. Some guys had posted thread dimensions on the Mongolians where the jets fit, they put in bolts to reduce the number of jets in lieu of turning it down. All in all, I reckon they are overkill. The spiral is pretty efficient and has lots of grunt.

Depends how much money you want to spend overhauling your setup.

At this stage I'm probably looking at spending around the $250 mark. Beer belly have the intalian spiral burner for $165. Not sure what postage would be to Melbourne.

Cheers

Nugget

helles said:
CIG or any gas place
One in Briar Hill if that's close

Sorry for the dumb question, but what does CIG stand for? Briar Hill is a bit far for me.

Cheers

Nugget

DU99 said:
cellar plus also sell reg's

I'll give them a call to see if they have any burners in stock

Cheers

Nugget

Nugget 81 said:
Sorry for the dumb question, but what does CIG stand for? Briar Hill is a bit far for me
Commonwealth Industrial Gases Ltd, now known as BOC

Hey Nugget
Cellar Plus down by Vic Market usually has Italian spiral burners. I checked their website but its being "updated" so maybe give them a call for a price. Seem to remember that their prices were OK. 9328 1843.

Back