Quantcast

Issues When Browsing In Safari

Aussie Home Brewer

Help Support Aussie Home Brewer:

Kai

Fermentation Assistant
Reaction score
I've noticed a couple bugs in the forums when using Safari v1.3 on 10.3.9

Firstly, when hovering over a thread in a forum, the description that pops up does so about three quarters of the way down the page. If the thread is near the bottom of my browser window, then the tooltip disappears offscreen altogether.

Secondly, when I command-click on a link to open in a new tab behind the current tab, it sends the link to a new tab, but also starts loading it in the current window.

Camino and FireFox share the tab problem but not the tooltip issue.

barfridge

Small fridge, powerful thirst
Reaction score
The tooltip issue sounds like the browser, not the page. SOunds like it isnt expecting so much text in a tooltip, and has no code to reposition itself if it goes off screen.

Or perhaps its because you're on 666 posts! <cue spooky music>

JasonY

The Imperial Metric Brewery
Reaction score
Insert MAC pistake here :p

Kai

Fermentation Assistant
Reaction score
What's it got to do with my media access control address? :p

Barf, I've had tooltips like that work on other forums fine. Regardless of the size of the text within it, it should be appearing just below and to the right of the cursor. They're starting three-quarters of the way down, regardless of their size.

barfridge

Small fridge, powerful thirst
Reaction score
oh, well I'll shut up now.

Here, have a beer by way of apology :beer:

dane

Reaction score
I'll have a look at things Kai - unfortunately I don't have a MAC to test on (yes that is unfortunately and not fortunately, i'd actually love to get my hands on a G5 - mainly for the software/OSX but yeah...)

I'll update this thread if i find anything.

Latest posts