ISS viewing

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dunkelbrau

Reaction score
So I signed up to NASA's notification service for the International Space Station orbit.. From my readings it is the third brightest thing in the sky after the sun and moon!

Well, this morning I got an email, 10:19PM, south southwest at 41 degrees, lasting 1 minute.

Jus popped out and saw it from the front yard, kind of nerdy, but interesting to see a star like bright dot move reasonably fast across the night sky!

Anyone else see it?

I've noticed it before :)

It's cool

Download the ISS detector app.
Let's you know when it flies over your location and provides a compass that shows you where to find it in the sky.
My kids thought it was great the 1st half dozen times we saw it.
It's usually just me out in the yard waving to the astronauts now. :)

Mattress said:
Download the ISS detector app.
Let's you know when it flies over your location and provides a compass that shows you where to find it in the sky.
My kids thought it was great the 1st half dozen times we saw it.
It's usually just me out in the yard waving to the astronauts now. :)
Will have a look, sounds like a good one!

I was doing the same thing haha.

I hear you speak of this thing called an app. I shall consult my Galaxy Note and request to be admitted into this sanctum, if I am allowed.

Cloudy last night, but should be good viewing tonight, and it will be at a good elevetion, around 88° in the South West.

PrediSat does Iridium flares as well...

Not nearly as easy to use though.

Bribie G said:
Cloudy last night, but should be good viewing tonight, and it will be at a good elevetion, around 88° in the South West.
Hopefully its clear here, going to try and get some snaps with the camera!

Back