Isb Sackville Aug

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redbeard

Sth Seas Pirate Brewery
Reaction score
There was an email from Mike about visiting the Sackville to sample the Murrys Blonde. Was that this sat 4aug7 ? who was interested ? should this be an open invite for syd ahb ?

cheers

I have no idea about that (why does nobody ever invite me? :( :lol: ), but I can't make it this weekend anyway. Sounds good though.

I went last weekend and can't make it this week but will be in the area on the 11th August, if you go anyway.. have fun.

PS. Will the August meet be a brew day or a BBQ with sampling of each others brews esp. from the Big Brew Day, perhaps there is a park or public BBQ site we could hold it at, as the weather seems to be getting better ?

PS. Will the August meet be a brew day or a BBQ with sampling of each others brews esp. from the Big Brew Day, perhaps there is a park or public BBQ site we could hold it at, as the weather seems to be getting better ?

I think a park BBQ would be a great idea. The weather seems great for that ATM. Now, Ashfield has some great parks. :rolleyes: :lol:

I think a park BBQ would be a great idea. The weather seems great for that ATM. Now, Ashfield has some great parks. :rolleyes: :lol:
Stuart, Don't you need brown paper bags for your bottles in those parks? B) :ph34r:

What happened to Luke's all SAAZ larger brew up?

I'm up for whatever's on.

Why not Settlers Park @ Putney? (UBD Map 214 H6) It is supposed to be where the original Squires Brewhouse stood. There is a plaque that I was going to stop & read , just haven't got around to it!

cheers
Gerard

Why not Settlers Park @ Putney? (UBD Map 214 H6) It is supposed to be where the original Squires Brewhouse stood. There is a plaque that I was going to stop & read , just haven't got around to it!

I was more thinking of a park we could get to on public transport (or more specifically get back from on public transport. ;) )

I was more thinking of a park we could get to on public transport (or more specifically get back from on public transport. ;) )

It is only a short walk from the Kissing Point ferry wharf! Or a bit further from Meadowbank Railway.

Cheers
Gerard

im up for a park meet , but dont most parks not allow alcohol ??? with the equipment that guys have we could almost do a park brew day to take the pressure off the guys who are always having the brew days at their places ... just an idea probably not a good one though...

Around Coogee the park signs say No alcohol from sunset to sunrise but its not heavily policed if you are behaving, its more to stop louts, backpackers and kids boozing on throughout the night and getting out of control.

perhaps if its at a park wives,G/fs and familys could be involved rather than left behind as normal for a brew/beer get together ?

so we need to keep our eyes peeled for a park which appears alcohol friendly .... preferably with BBQ facilities and toilets

What about Sydney park? There's a few BBQ's around and toilets etc, quite easy to get to for everyone?

Take a cardboard box for the kids and they can go box riding down the hills :)

Latest posts

Back