Isb Bragot Brew Day

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cheers stu i missed that one.bizer pm me for the address for the 8th

hey guys do we want to do this one the day of the christmas swap.
also how does this recipe look
how does this look
Recipe Overview
Target Wort Volume Before Boil: 135.00 l
Target Wort Volume After Boil: 114.75 l
Target Volume Transferred: 114.75 l
Target Volume At Pitching: 150.00 l
Target Volume Of Finished Beer: 142.50 l
Target Pre-Boil Gravity: 1.047 SG
Target OG: 1.072 SG -
Target FG: 1.003 SG
Target Apparent Attenuation:: 95.2 %
Target ABV: 9.2 %
Target ABW: 7.3 %
Target IBU (using Tinseth): 37.4 IBU
Target Color (using Morey): 8.5 SRM
Target Mash Efficiency: 70.0 %
Target Fermentation Temp: 18 degC

Fermentables
Ingredient Amount % MCU When
Australian Traditional Ale Malt 27.00 kg 60.0 % 5.1 In Mash/Steeped
German CaraMunich I 3.000 kg 6.7 % 5.8 In Mash/Steeped
Sugar - Honey 15.00 kg 33.3 % 1.7 End Of Boil

Hops
Variety Alpha Amount IBU Form When
German Tettnang 4.5 % 457 g 37.4 Loose Pellet Hops 60 Min From End

My 2C, dont add the honey at the end of the boil, cool the wort and then add the honey. Make sure you buy cold extracted honey (the fresher the better). If you add the honey to hot wort you will distroy some of the subtle aromas. I have never made a braggot so I cant comment on the recipe there but I have made mead using no heat methods and have never had a problem.

ive made meads both ways but normally no heat as well. but in this case i believe its not going to make that much of a difference. btw the honey we wil be using is whitebox.

ok is everyone happy with this taking place on the nsw case swap day.
also we are looking at 10 cubes so first in first served and so far we have.
1. barls
2. edgecliff brewer
3. stuster
4. red beard
5. crozdog

any one else want to be a definte

1. barls
2. edgecliff brewer
3. stuster
4. red beard
5. crozdog
6. Muggus

any one else want to be a definte
Woah! I've been meaning to make a mead, and if you're doing it on the day of the caseswap, then i'll be there with 21L of beer and a cube! ...And a maybe a few brews from the cellar too...

Can anyone be involved?

If so I'll throw my hand up.

What size cubes are you talking? Those 15L fresh wort ones?

I'd be keen for a cube too if its open to any attendees of the swap day. I presume we all just chip in for ingredients.

I'd be keen for a cube too if its open to any attendees of the swap day. I presume we all just chip in for ingredients.

yeah that's how we (ISB) usually do it. We workout the cost of ingredients including gas and determine the cost /litre. this can then be applied to differing size cubes eg some have the 15l FWK cubes while others turn up with the blue Willow 20l jobbies.

Don't forget BYO cube.

Awesome, so I'm in.

1. barls
2. edgecliff brewer
3. stuster
4. red beard
5. crozdog
6. Muggus
7. Josh
8. monkeybusiness

Any IBU bretheren coming wanting to get into a bit of this, (fatgodzilla, cortez, grant) I am happy to ferment and bottle my cube and bring along to split up at the next IBU gathering down south...(as long as you trust me not to drink it first :ph34r: :D )

Awesome, so I'm in.

Any IBU bretheren coming wanting to get into a bit of this, (fatgodzilla, cortez, grant) I am happy to ferment and bottle my cube and bring along to split up at the next IBU gathering down south...(as long as you trust me not to drink it first :ph34r: :D )

Sounds good - ISB give a cube to the IBUs and we'll invite them to the IBU Real Ale Fest in February !

yeah the 15L one is what we are aiming for.

so the revised list is
1. barls
2. edgecliff brewer
3. stuster
4. red beard
5. crozdog
6. Muggus
7. Josh
8. monkeybusiness
9. bizier

one spot left
also dont forget a container for the 1 kg of honey to add later.

Awesome, so I'm in.

Hi Adrian
I've never experienced braggot, and have been resisting the urge to participate, but I love honey so I would be very happy to share your cube.

cheers

Grant

hey grant if your coming up for the swap ill put a bottle in the fridge of my last batch as well as the cyser.

hey grant if your coming up for the swap ill put a bottle in the fridge of my last batch as well as the cyser.

Too kind Barls, but that'd be great. :icon_cheers: . I'll pack an extra something in exchange.

cheers

grant

(post 501)

Hey Barls, if there's still a spare spot, I'll jump in. Just let me know what I owe you and what time you want us there

ok schooey you in the last place

so the final list is
1. barls
2. edgecliff brewer
3. stuster
4. red beard
5. crozdog
6. Muggus
7. Josh
8. monkeybusiness
9. bizier
10. schooey.
as for the time to start tba after i figure out what needs to take place.
price will be figured out on the day.
more info to follow.

how does everyone feel about starting this at 11, that way we will be finished by about 4

1. barls
2. edgecliff brewer
3. stuster
4. red beard
5. crozdog
6. Muggus
7. Josh
8. monkeybusiness
9. schooey.
ok we had one drop out so one more spot up for grabs.

how does everyone feel about starting this at 11, that way we will be finished by about 4
since no one is going to answer im making the executive decision we will be starting at 11.

Latest posts

Back