Is This The End?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Is This The End?

• throw it out it. must be for someone else!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • f f f fire engine!

• hmmmmmm!

• Total voters

jayse

Black Label Society
Reaction score
Ok so I'am the only one who really drinks, well his fair share anyway, at family gatherings so what should a man do when he recieves a invitation to a family gathering when he reads the fine print down the bottom and sees 'NO alcohol please'?

I know how bonzo must have felt when they had to book every hotel room next to his just so no one would get upset with his antics. :chug:

Moby dick

Have a quiet few beforehand ? (presuming not driving there....)

They wouldn't dare even try mentioning no beer at xmas.
As for this little do all i can say is at the end of the day the sun goes down!

Me not having beer is like the sun refusing to shine, it just doesn't happen. :chug:
Jayse

I know, christmas without beer is... unaustralian (ugh, I feel so dirty saying that word)

Spending time with the rellies without beer is qute a horrific experience. It's the only way I can get through them- and my mum's side of the family (the side the reunions are with) is Italian, so you can guess the volume of the reunions.

Not to mention the volume of graper drank.

If you do decide to grace such an unwelcoming event, keep it short and sweet. A few appetite enchances just prior to entrance has always been a handy helper with family meets, even unsuspecting outlaws :lol:

turn up with a party keg , others will join you and take the heat off you ... then tell em you dident read it all just the bit to trun up...

no beer no bunyip
cheers

Place your best lager in a Portello Bottle, and add 3 drops of red food dye.

Changes the appearance, but has no effect on the taste.

Works a treat!

(Used to work at the Cricket as well, until the evoked the "dont bring anything into the ground" rules)

M

I,d bring the biggest bob marley hooter you ever saw and say "you said no alcahol"

Have a silent protest or a bonzo's montreux. :beerbang: :beerbang:

Warren -

You do recieve an invite Jayse

I would not have, they no me better than sent me a bit of shit like that ! :party:

Perhaps take your mate Billy with you?

Batz

I'd ignore the request and turn up with a few longnecks of HB anyway....what are they going to do? Not let you in the front gate?

ha ha
seeing though you mentioned that you are the only real drinker at these gatherings Jayse... the small print is obviously for YOU...!
so you must put on a fair show...... :party: well done, alcohol is the only answer to family gatherings. send your apologies now

That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. Divorce your family.

Go, but ignore the fine print. It's their choice not to drink, but who the hell do they think they are to make that choice for you. If they say anything, just remind them of each individuals freedom to make the choices that are best for them and you choice is for a bevy or two.

Cheers
MAH

Just turn up absolutely wrecked (get a cab) and if they say something just tell them u said no alcohol but didn't say I coulnd't turn up drunk!

Family gatherings for me are tedious and nerve racking @ best as I have virtually nothing to do with them except for this time of year where I am obligated to make appearances. I cannot even fathom going to one without a gutfull of grog being consumed.....

Just imagine being stuck next to the bitchy auntie in convo, or pretending to be interested in playing games with unco little cousins, or that annoying uncle that literally latch's on your arm so you cant get away......

BY GOD!

Back