Is This Normal?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hockadays

Reaction score
Hi folks,

Just racked a partial mash wit beer into the secondary which is a glass carboy and it is bubbling a little which is normal but it's forming a thin krausen (1mm) on top again. I've not used a glass carboy b4 so i've never been able to see real well. I'm pretty sure the primary has finished as it's been 6 days and its down to around 1.012 so it's only got a couple of points to run. I normally go into the secondary a little early so it puts CO2 in the head space. Maybe I racked a little too early..Any thoughts?

Matt

hockadays said:
Hi folks,

Just racked a partial mash wit beer into the secondary which is a glass carboy and it is bubbling a little which is normal but it's forming a thin krausen (1mm) on top again. I've not used a glass carboy b4 so i've never been able to see real well. I'm pretty sure the primary has finished as it's been 6 days and its down to around 1.012 so it's only got a couple of points to run. I normally go into the secondary a little early so it puts CO2 in the head space. Maybe I racked a little too early..Any thoughts?

Matt
[post="77695"][/post]​

Matt, perfectly normal - the action of transferring to secondary has stirred up a little yeast action...

Thanks I thought as much.
I can't stop looking when I have new toys..

Latest posts

Back