Is this dead or alive?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jack1984

Reaction score
Hello is this page still going or is it dead??

I live in Clarence Valley area and im interested to homebrewing all grain. Going BIAB soon just waiting on my BIAB eqiupments.

What everyone do here??

it's a thought experiment conducted with a radioactive isotope, the page is both a live and dead at the same time, it's called shcrodingers... ah never mind.

Hi Jack, and welcome to the forum.

The lads seem to be somewhat bored this morning :thumbsdown:

The Grafton Brewmasters are a bit quiet at the moment - we tend to spark up a bit around the annual show time when we run the annual brewing competition. Also we are long overdue for a case swap session.

I live at Kyogle and get down as often as possible. If you're ever up this way feel free to pop in and see my BIAB setup. Great to see another keen brewer in the area. There used to be a strong Kyogle crew but they have mostly gone over to brewing that other alcohol that we don't talk about here.

Your best local contact is Brew Matt here on the forum, you can PM him - we are hoping to get a brew weekend happening shortly (I've been lax as well, should get onto Matt asap myself to see what's going on).

Cheers

Bribie G

I assume it is reference to "Brewmasters Grafton" in the brew clubs area.
Yeah, I didn't notice that at first either. Thought someone had posted asking what we on AHB do.. which is an obvious answer. I think that Category bit could afford to be more prominent since it is sometimes necessary for context.

Yeah, I didn't notice that at first either. Thought someone had posted asking what we on AHB do.. which is an obvious answer. I think that Category bit could afford to be more prominent since it is sometimes necessary for context.
Would be good if the forum area was in a different bold colour in the recent posts area. They used to be colour coded to the forum area they come from. With the software upgrade, I am no longer able to make minor changes to the forum. So maybe the developers could look at it at some stage, but I think it has been mentioned before. Also the brew clubs were not in the recent posts area, which now adds to the confusion.

We of Brewmasters Grafton usually communicate by PM so not much activity on this page.

Attn. : Brewmasters Grafton.
I have moved to Lawrence and have finally received council approval to build my brew shed. While it's still some time away before it will be completed there is no harm in working out how to access supplies for all grain brewing.
My questions are
  1. Are there any beer brewers in Lawrence? (I know there are home distillers in the area.)
  2. What is the best source for whole bags of grain/hops/yeast delivered or available to Lawrence?
  3. Is there any interest in a local bulk buys?
  4. I visited the last Grafton Show and was not lucky enough to be there to meet anyone associated with B.G. The home brew set up was a quite good display, but I missed any way of contacting this group.
  5. Does the Grafton home brew shop have any association with B.G.?
Cheers, I am looking forward to having a brew ready for Xmas.

Hi zoigl
I'm in Kyogle so I'm a bit out of the loop here but familiar with your area. We've got a couple of guys at or near Yamba.

For All grain supplies, we are both in a fairly similar situation. No problems at all getting stuff online up to 5 kg but for sacks of grain the freight can be horrible, so it's a case of grab them whenever you have an opportunity.

From Lawrence your best bet for bulk grain is Country Brewer at Toormina which is quite a sweet run nowadays with all the new freeway sections in place. Their sack price is as good as most Capital city suppliers.
You'll need to let them know a few days in advance so they can get sacks in from their HQ.

However their selection of yeasts etc is fairly basic for a browse when you are in there, (I always grab a few items there to help a family business) but to build up a serious collection of hops, yeasts and special grains, chemicals, etc etc you need to go online.

Your main go-to suppliers would be:
Brewman just North of Newcastle
Craftbrewer in Brisbane
Hoppy Days in Brisbane

They all carry a really good range of all your requirements, offer great service and put on good specials and clearances.

Where you are, the advantage is that they all offer Fastway satchels for delivery, which you would probably get overnight depending on what zone you are in. Your guy might be hanging off the Lismore depot, so I'd say definitely overnight if you get your order in AM. Even up here in the mountains I actually get stuff out of Brisbane far quicker than when I lived on Bribie Island.:eek:

You'll find that if you are ordering high value items such as yeast, hops etc the freight cost per brew isn't really a downside.

One thing you could do to get the best freight price, if you are up for a "splurge" is to set yourself up initially with a 20kg order of hops, yeasts and the most popular spec grains.. say wheat, crystals, cara grains, some sanitising supplies, water salts, finings, hydrometer, and numerous bits and pieces then you're set up for months ahead.

The Grafton HB comp is actually held before the Show itself so you would have seen the results at the show when you attended.

Look forward to meeting at next get together.

Cheers

Last edited:
Hi Bribie
Many thanks for your comprehensive reply, I will follow up on these leads. I am looking forward to brewing again, and am starting to become impatient.
It would be good to catch up sometime and share recipes etc.

Cheers

Hi is there anyone around maclean area that’s into brewing I’m only new to it and would love to chat to a few blokes who know what they are doing
Cheers Al

Latest posts

Back