Is this brew infected?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T0M

Reaction score
uploadfromtaptalk1392016741266.jpguploadfromtaptalk1392016756116.jpg

Hey guys. I've been a reader of the forums for a while now. I came across this today and thought I'd post and get your opinions.
I put this brew (mangrove jack czech pilsner) down 8 days ago, conditions are quite hot inside (probably around 30deg).
I went to keg this beer today and saw this "spore"? Growing on to of the beer. It doesn't smell off but judging by this display I thought I'd check with you all prior to tipping it out. Let me know what you think.

Tom.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

I'd tip it. Or give it to someone you don't like.

Edit: Is that a hop sack? I distrust those things. Let your hops swim free and either rack or crash chill. My 2c.

Yeah its one of those tea bag style hop things. I usually use a big metal tea strainer for my hop's but I thought I'd give the bags a try

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

I bet that's the source of infection. Hopefully a case of once bitten, twice shy?

PS. At the very least I'd take out that big fucker that the rest of the scum seem to be flocking to. Looks like a Union rep to me.

Latest posts

Back