Is this a infection ?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

Yola

Reaction score
Brew all good put finings in two days ago and have this today when I go to bottle? Wtf is it a infection? ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1490415972.882680.jpg

Yola

Reaction score
Yeah bottled it seems to taste ok. But it was not there two days ago. It's a saison so the temp it real high maybe that had something to do with it?

Danscraftbeer

Reaction score
You'll know when you see scum in the headspace of the bottle neck after some conditioning time. Saying that though I have had infection that shows in the bottle neck but it was still great beer. Depends on the infection I guess.

Just for reference there is an infection photo thread dedicated for these scenarios. http://aussiehomebrewer.com/topic/51830-infection-photo-thread/page-48
6 years on and 48 pages long now... :D

labels

Reaction score
Ah-ha, your first Funk. Let it ferment out and see what you get. It's a Saison after all, might just get a horse-blanket of a sour :wacko:

Danscraftbeer

Reaction score
Or fruit. That's what I got from infection I mentioned. (White sheet like patches).
It got a fruitiness character that I have read about and in reference to infection/off flavour but it was perceived as a complimentary flavour.
Fruity beer. It also served crystal clear and well carbonated.

Latest posts