Is there anyone filtering out there dry hops?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jkpentreath

Reaction score
Hi all, just wondering if anyone has a problem with hops remaining in suspension after the party is over and u have ccd, im using Ringwood ale for pales and ipa s and it drops like a champion. My question is can I just filter the rest out with a filter after yeast has dropped and hop aroma is happy days. Anyone have any experience with this.

Jkpentreath said:
Hi all, just wondering if anyone has a problem with hops remaining in suspension after the party is over and u have ccd, im using Ringwood ale for pales and ipa s and it drops like a champion. My question is can I just filter the rest out with a filter after yeast has dropped and hop aroma is happy days. Anyone have any experience with this.
That will work and it is common that hops wont 'sink'.
You might have a bitch of a time cleaning your filter though. I have a KK 'plastic framed' filter and hop material gets in behind the frame and wont budge.

I dry hop using a very large type tea bag which they sell in a lot of the asian stores. they use them fro soups you can put a weight in with them to make them sink, if you can't find any asian stores near you go on to Aliexpress they have them.

how long are you cold conditioning for? Pellets or Flowers?

Its normal for the beer to be bright and no floaties at all after 4 days @ 0'c -2'c.. No gelatin or finings here

I did one dry hopped pale Ale with hop flowers with no cold crash... I had hop residue end up in the bottles, but after cooling at fridge temperature it all dropped do the bottom as yob said... A few days cold conditioning should sort it.

Back