Is there already a thread on No Chill?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redwing_al

Reaction score
Hi, I am going to do my first no-chill beer. I am confused about the hop schedule? Do I just brew as I would before no chill or do I need to change something for this method?

If there is already a thread on this, I cant find it. sorry

Also, I use Beersmith and updated my equipment profile for "Steep Hop Utilization" , is this all I needed to do? I know Beersmith changed some of the values and I had to manually bump up the IBU to where I was before changing the profile (this is my 5th brew of this style)...

so, is it really a matter of following the new beersmith recipe or should I change the schedule of the hop additions?

Thank you in advance from Michigan!

heaps of them try searching and you will see how many.

If you can't be assed reading, I believe beersmith has a no chill function. If all else fails make your hop additions 20min later eg 30min normal addition is now at 10 min etc

I don't change my hop schedule in Beersmith for no-chill, but I do put an extended time in the steep/whirlpool duration box.

For example, even though my whirlpool is 30 minutes, I'll make it 60 in Beersmith to allow for no-chill.

That seems to work ok for me.

Latest posts

Back