Is There A General Distain For Americans In Australia?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kyle Sandilands

Begging everybody's pardon.

Every time I see that name I'm obliged to publicly re-issue my long standing challenge to the wobbly bottom toad of a vale tudo style engagement.
That **** really pulls my angry string.

Please enjoy the rest of this wonderful Saturday.

No.

But I find your benchmark of THAT age of logic and reasoning, which you can't even manage to defeat in a game of wits to be quite laughable.

Why must you insist on writing half sentences then concatenating them with commas? You post gibberish that you think sounds clever which I why I give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you are a young'un. Eat block.

Also, the phrase is "battle of wits" and you're clearly unarmed.

I like some americans

yank_bikini.jpeg

Effectively, any cultural celebration is embraced with open arms. Be it chinese new year, international food festivals, international wine festivals, a latin culture fest, a greek culture fest, a spanish fiesta, an indian curry cookoff, if you can think of any type of foreign celebration, we're into it like crazy.

But of course, every year without fail, when australia day comes around, the newspapers declare us racist, and the general populace whinge about flag wearing bogans. How dare we dress up and celebrate our own country!

Proofread and corrected with notes:

Effectively any cultural celebration is embraced with open arms. Be it Chinese new year, international food festivals, international wine festivals, a latin culture-fest, a greek culture-fest, a Spanish fiesta or an Indian curry cookoff - if you can think of any type of foreign celebration then we're into it like crazy.

But of course every year without fail, when Australia day comes around the newspapers declare us racist and the general populace whinge about flag wearing bogans. How dare we dress up and celebrate our own country!

Removal of some superflous commas. As my English teacher used to say "He who puts a comma after time, place or condition will cry aloud to Mama as he sinks to perdition". Sometimes this rule may be bent a little as in the sentence "every year without fail" as there is a time and a condition in quick succession so a wee pause is welcome here to let both of those concepts to gel before proceeding. Also the final item in a list separated by commas does not need to end with a comma but to improve flow, a particle such as "or" or "and" helps the smooth flow. For example "Ales, lagers, stouts and porters are available"

I think some Americans look cool, like the chick below. If I ever go there, I won't go to Disneyland, I'll go to the real heart of America - places like West Baltimore (The Wire) or even Camden New Jersey, voted the worst place in the USA. :)

partibag.jpg

Bribie, the punctuation isn't as problematic as the obvious falsity of his claim.

Why must you insist on writing half sentences then concatenating them with commas? You post gibberish that you think sounds clever which I why I give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you are a young'un. Eat block.

Also, the phrase is "battle of wits" and you're clearly unarmed.

Your assumptions are as far off the mark as your attitude.

And as far as being "unarmed in a battle of wits" it's kind of disturbing when the unarmed party is talented enough to defeat the "armed" person with the greatest of ease. But then, it's blatant you're way out of practice with a weapon that seems to do no more than backfire.

Good grammar this time but I would suggest that having said "as far as", you then insert "is concerned" a little later in the sentence. B)

And as far as being "unarmed in a battle of wits" it's kind of disturbing when the unarmed party is talented enough to defeat the "armed" person with the greatest of ease.

Why is unarmed unquoted, yet "armed" is contained within quotes?

But then, it's blatant you're way out of practice with a weapon that seems to do no more than backfire.

You, on the other hand, seem to be getting alot of practice with a backfiring weapon.

Unarmed WAS quoted, "armed" was quoted as a sarcastic measure.

And thanks for joining in the shitfight glen. You know, that being totally necessary and all.

It's not like he wasn't going to fail hard enough without his buddy helping him along.

Unarmed WAS quoted
You might want to have another look
... the unarmed party ...
... the "armed" person ...

And thanks for joining in the shitfight glen.
Shitfight? I saw some light trolling. Not sure where the shitfight is?

You know, that being totally necessary and all.
Because it was necessary to continue the trolling 10 days after the last post?

without his buddy helping him along.
Who said anything about buddies, or helping? i am my own independant person expressing my own views. The enemy of my enemy is not my friend, he's someone both my enemy and I can beat down on.

Back