Is coopers halal?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stehowardtlr

Reaction score
Are coopers malt products halal?

1427196110555.jpg

Yes. It's bacon free. Who gives a ****? If it was kosher, would you care?
Rubbish meaningless scare campaign. Drink it cos you like it, leave it if you don't.

Its coopers malt products that seem to be halal. Malt on its own isnt alcohol. Very dodgy.

Seriously f***king stupid that is.
a. Who cares
b. It's Propaganda espoused by nationalistic bigots.

Never mind that coopers is the last wholly owned major Australian brewery

who gives a **** if it is halal? I struggling to see any relevance to anything at all

coopers make malt extracts that go on to be used in food products all over the world, why the **** wouldn't they get the rubber stamp? It'd close them off to markets where their products may be used as an ingredient in halal food.

did you know our government subsidises every major religion by way of tax breaks? by being Australian you're supporting islam. suck shit.

do you eat weet-bix, even though (I'm assuming) you're not a seventh-day adventist?

Anything that tells me to buy Boags instead of Coopers deserves ridicule, as far as I am concerned.

Wow. There is nothing wrong with choosing not to fund Islam through the halal certification. Poor Op gets flayed for asking a simple question.

stehowardtlr said:
Its coopers malt products that seem to be halal. Malt on its own isnt alcohol. Very dodgy.
The dodgiest thing here is that ridiculous image saying "as far as we know [Boags] do not use Halal certified". As far as we know? Top notch research by whatever bigoted clown originally wrote this.

Tomorrow night I'm going to make sure to grab dinner from my favourite restaurant (which is Halal certified and run by Muslims *gasp*, but who gives a stuff?)

wereprawn said:
Wow. There is nothing wrong with choosing not to fund Islam through the halal certification. Poor Op gets flayed for asking a simple question.
Maybe because it doesn't fund Islam.

kaiserben said:
Maybe because it doesn't fund Islam.

Checkout who issues the halal certificate and where the payment for the certificate goes

Back