Is brewmate gone?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bridges

Reaction score
Does anyone know what has happened, I was just trying to see if it had been updated recently, and www.brewmate.net now heads off else where. It is the software I have used for all my AG brewing, and am looking at upgrading to a grainfather or braumeister and was wondering about settings and if they had up dated for 1V brew systems at all and it is now referring to a different site.

I must be getting old. Different and unusual scares and angers me...

No Bridges,

My copy of the software still works.

I have a Braumeister and I use the biab settings.

I mainly use Beersmith but because I have different size kegs IE 19 litre and 23 litre I use Brewmate for the 23 litre brews so that I am not confusing myself with two different sets of figures in Beersmith.

Cheers

I loaded it from my desktop link but I have now just tried googleing it on Firefox and it wont load :unsure:

The brewmate link now goes to brewers friend. No mention of it on their facebook page though

I still have my copy too, just hadn't looked for an update for a while, and whereas brewmate was free brewers friend seems to be asking for a subscription.

Bridges said:
I still have my copy too, just hadn't looked for an update for a while, and whereas brewmate was free brewers friend seems to be asking for a subscription.
I think it's still free. The subscription seems to be for cloud hosting for recipes.

had quick look at it,the grains are listed by country..no australian grains.opens brewmate files

Just had a quick play.
It's the same program with a few changes like DU99 mentioned.
There's also a few more tools/calculators then Brewmate has/had.

Just to add to my last post. Here's a screen shot of the "tools" list in Brewers Friend.
Brewers Friend.jpg

more of the global takover trend.. not saying it's a bad thing as long as it's supported and we have an avenue for feedback... but it aint a free tool now right?

wonder what BM sold for?

I'm confused... I've had BrewMate for ages... Has it been superseded? That screenshot of BrewersFriend looks identical - maybe I need to upgrade?

timmi9191 said:
When I downloaded, all the fermentables have an error in their values. For example they read 35 instead of 1035, gives a ridiculous OG reading
I just tried it and I'm getting the same thing.

I've had a look too and see no need to upgrade from brewmate myself. Just a shame that now some one some where is going to be looking for ways to get a return on their investment. If the product gets better all good, but I don't see it being any better for me at the minute. And the fact the posts above are reporting errors in it... Doesn't fill me with confidence.

Latest posts

Back