Is brewing an addiction?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glot

Reaction score
Well, another batch of grain and related supplies arrived today. Summer solstice celebrations all over again.
Anyway, had a fermenter sitting there waiting to be bottled so did that today to get things all cleaned up and ready to go tomorrow.
As I own my own electrical contracting business, I am very aware of good and bad service from suppliers. I still reckon we are lucky in Qld. At least two great suppliers. National Home Brew and Craftbrewer. I think that any one who is a sponsor of a site like this is a serious retailer that understands the importance of a good reputation which comes from good reliable service and good prices. I am not just sucking up to them. I need to think the same way in my business. Small LHBS fill a niche but they will most likely stay a small LHBS. If they are worthy of it, support them so they are there on a Saturday morning when you remember you forgot to order the yeast. If they aren't worthy of it then let them find out their poor service the hard way. It is a small percentage of business' that last 5 years or more. That's life.
Anyway, I wander off the road like a home brewer.
I am also thinking I will need more bottles. So as it is a fair drive to Big W, I guess I will just have to empty out some of what I have, the slow way.
Like when you hear about the cops burning 500 kg of marijuana after a drug bust. They don't tell you how much it cost the tax payer in cigarette papers.

Is brewing an addiction like Crack or XtalMeth...

I will let you know when they pull the beer drip and I can leave rehab.

Definitely a gateway hobby. Before you know it you're frequenting seedy forums and thread-starting like a fiend. ;)

Definitely. Even if you don't really want to drink a beer of an evening you want to taste one of your latest creations.

You plan brews and get pissed off when you don't make it to Craftbrewer to buy the ingredients for the next brew.

You want to outdo yourself, which is a good thing!

Yes is the short answer. The answer is longer if you look deeper. But who the fark wants to do that????

Just sayin

And those deleveries you get of mesterious white powder, high power bills and 'strange' smells comming out of your house.... :lol:

SWMBO would agree with the topic! dont stop talking brewing to her displeasure lol.7

yes, brewing is an addiction and i m addicted!

I have more booze then I could ever drink, lucky all my brothers are willing to take a few slabs at a time to help me out.

Imagine yourself in a few years...wandering the streets, muttering nonsense about mashing and sparging, becoming highly excited when you so objects you beleive are stainless...getting arrested for stealing swing-top bottles from recycling bins....

Yes. I need to start serving beer up to more people because I brew too much and don't drink enough/already drink more than I want to and can't seem to stop brewing.

Latest posts

Back