Is Barons Brewing Coming Back?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

a_quintal

Reaction score
I work casual at a certain major liquor chain who used to stock them. Today I was updating store tickets and the system printed out Black Wattle tickets for case and six packs. We don't have any stock obviously but I remember reading last year when they folded in Crafty Pint that they were going to relaunch in the future, rebranded and with a new owner if possible.
Could be a random system error but these beers were deleted a long time before the company even went out of business and it's never happened before. I went to their website but it's seems to be blank.
Anyone heard anything?

Yes, they relaunched - Richard from Barons now runs Young Henry's brewery in Newtown, which make much nicer & more interesting beers. Though they're only available on tap or growlers.

Yeah they're just down the road from me. I was more thinking of the actual Barons brands.

I could only drink one in a sesh. Really liked the black wattle.

You are both wrong :) the ESB was the ticket. Best small pack beer near the postcode of the price bracket.

Hey a_quintal, the only time I have heard anything like your username was in a glass-bottomed boat, holding a hand-made pencil as a kid in the 90s on a holiday somewhere off the coast of Aus.

The ESB was good - I reckon I'd appreciate it more now, than a few years ago.

It's a shame they went belly up - they were one of the early independents and the guts to put native ingredients in beer was also a good thing.

@OP - can you let us know if your work does get them in, and if so, which colour is your workplace - green, or blue.

I live near a couple of green establishments and would probably camp out for LM wit.

Goomba

You are both wrong :) the ESB was the ticket. Best small pack beer near the postcode of the price bracket.

Hey a_quintal, the only time I have heard anything like your username was in a glass-bottomed boat, holding a hand-made pencil as a kid in the 90s on a holiday somewhere off the coast of Aus.

hahaha I am related to those people from that island. In fact I remember my grandfather used to have one of those pencils (crazy hand-made rustic look?).

@OP - can you let us know if your work does get them in, and if so, which colour is your workplace - green, or blue.

I live near a couple of green establishments and would probably camp out for LM wit.

Goomba

It's orange but owned by the green place. If a pallet comes in with it i'll PM you straight away with a pic if you like :icon_cheers:

Dans in Corrimal have the black wattle original ale on its shelves $15 a 4 pack

Black Wattle is a very nice drop. Never tried the ESB though :mellow: Good to hear they're back in business.

Yep Blackwattle is back just saw it in the stock room
Sorry no LM yet

Latest posts

Back