Is Archive Cellars Brisbane Open May Day?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattbrewer

Reaction score
I'm passing through Brisbane for about an hour tomorrow (May Day) and need to pick up some good beer.

Will the Next Door Cellars at Archive be open?

The web page is unclear and last time I went there, on a Sunday, they were closed.

Matt

Probably worth giving them a ring.

Cheers

Archive Next Door Bar & Cellars is only open Wednesday to Sunday, & closed every Monday and Tuesday.

Thanks.

Any other suggestions near the city?

I did a search here and there seemed to be no options. But I don't believe it.

The Scratch at Milton, Maybe.... But I don't think they do take aways!

Hirns

If you can detour off the freeway (10 mins) to Capalaba, I'll be in the brewery catching up on paperwork. 27+ beers on tap & many available in our 5L mini kegs.

cheers Ross

Bacchus Brewing Co. 2 Christine Place, Capalaba.

You can get takeaways whenever you want at archive. If the bottleshop is closed just find the manager.

Festival Cellars at Red Hill (not far from the city) has a reasonable range for a small bottleshop. Not sure if they're open today though so it might be worth giving them a call.

196 Musgrave Road Brisbane QLD 4059
(07) 3367 1444

Thanks for the help everyone. Shame I couldn't get to Bacchus.

I found an adequate selection at Grand Central? bottleshop in the city and at Purple Palete north of Brissy.

Slightly off topic: I thoroughly enjoyed a couple of sessions at the Sunshine Coast Brewery bar at Maroochydore. Not a fan of the rauchbier however. Something wrong there.

Matt

Thanks for the help everyone. Shame I couldn't get to Bacchus.

I found an adequate selection at Grand Central? bottleshop in the city and at Purple Palete north of Brissy.

Slightly off topic: I thoroughly enjoyed a couple of sessions at the Sunshine Coast Brewery bar at Maroochydore. Not a fan of the rauchbier however. Something wrong there.

Matt

Nothing wrong except your tastebuds....

Sunshine Coast Rauch is one of the best in this country

... what Dan said. Love the Rauch!

I'm glad growlers can be filled Wednesday-Sunday now. Trouble now is I'd like to get a growler of Bling from the main bar instead of White Rabbit Dark Next Door. There is usually something worthy Next Door though on one of the taps :)

Sunshine Coast Rauch is one of the best in this country

Each to their own, but I wouldn't now enjoy a regular Schlenkerla (sorry about probably train wreck spelling) without having had the Sunshine Coast Rauch.

Great beer.

Kev

Latest posts

Back