Ipa Barrells On The Ferry.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
what an original idea! didnt brew dog do something similiar years ago? going on how hit and miss 7 sheds beers are already i dont think i would be queing up for a sample of this.

http://www.brewdog.com/blog-article/119 there it is

"My gut feeling is that the motion of the ship on the water will accelerate the wood-ageing maturation, hopefully there will be more woody characters in the final beer," Mr Simpson said."

Only problem is that when they shipped IPAs in the past the barrels were pitch-lined... no "wood-aging" occurred, and thus no woody characters.

EPIC have already done this with their IPA on the cook straight ferry. Very nice beer too I might add

Pete Brown did it in his history of IPA book too. Hops and Glory I think it is from memory...

Great story, but I think the comments of the local Tasmanians were quite clearly one head arguing with the other head, in most cases.

I reckon the NSW brewers should load a keg into a Torana and run it around Mt Panorama, (hey maybe a sponsorship deal there), for 10,000km in October! Not sure what it means... for the brew, but if it tastes ok at the end it would be very good.
Fear_n_loath

Ha, love it. Willie Simpson has always been a fav. of mine, he's a champ. I'd love to have Willie @ Chester Osborn out together on a trade night. Talk about a riot!

RE comments - holy crap, some people must be dead set desperate for something to dislike...

Two barrels taking up passenger space! :lol:

I reckon the NSW brewers should load a keg into a Torana and run it around Mt Panorama, (hey maybe a sponsorship deal there), for 10,000km in October! Not sure what it means... for the brew, but if it tastes ok at the end it would be very good.
Fear_n_loath

....that is GOLD...!!!

...edit...not GOLD...deadset GOLD...

Back