Iodophor In Perth

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eamonnfoley

Foleybraü
Reaction score
Anyone know where I can get some iodophor In perth? Nev, Roy and Brewmart don't have it at the moment and apparently there is a new concentration being rolled out into the dairy industry, and they are waiting on feedback or something.
Cheers

Hmmm... I was counting on Neil at Brewmart having it as I'm about to run out too! Hopefully someone knows where to get some.

Bump - Anyone in Perth metro area (I'm in Maylands) got any large quantities of the stuff and happy to sell off a few hundred ml ?

Sorry chaps, no iodophor, but I do have some Huwasan TR5 that you are both welcome to have a bit of.
5% Hydrogen Peroxide with Silver Ions for stability. 1ml per litre as a no rinse sanitiser.
I've been using it for about 5 years with excellent results :)
Let me know if you are interested.
Cheers
Doug

PS Contact Jaysol Chemicals in O'Connor as they may have an iodine based sanitiser (as well as the Huwasan) in stock that will suite your needs :)

Sorry chaps, no iodophor, but I do have some Huwasan TR5 that you are both welcome to have a bit of.
5% Hydrogen Peroxide with Silver Ions for stability. 1ml per litre as a no rinse sanitiser.
I've been using it for about 5 years with excellent results :)
Let me know if you are interested.
Cheers
Doug

PS Contact Jaysol Chemicals in O'Connor as they may have an iodine based sanitiser (as well as the Huwasan) in stock that will suite your needs :)

Huwasan - interesting. Is it safe to handle? I'm a bit wary of using something like peracetic acid due to my inherent clumsiness! What does it break down to when diluted by wort? Just hydrogen and oxygen?

Huwasan - interesting. Is it safe to handle? I'm a bit wary of using something like peracetic acid due to my inherent clumsiness! What does it break down to when diluted by wort?
Hydrogen Peroxide breaks down to oxygen and water :) It's different stuff to Peracetic Acid which scares the heck out of me. You can buy 3% peroxide from he Chemist for bleaching your hair to give you an idea of a domestic application :)
If you search for peroxide in the forum it comes up a bit (including my canvassing :rolleyes: ) IIRC Screwy uses the stuff.
Just found an AHB article which covers the stuff quite well (the Silver ions in mine gives it a better shelf life that what the article states)
Hope this helps.
Cheers
Doug

Hydrogen Peroxide breaks down to oxygen and water :) It's different stuff to Peracetic Acid which scares the heck out of me. You can buy 3% peroxide from he Chemist for bleaching your hair to give you an idea of a domestic application :)
If you search for peroxide in the forum it comes up a bit (including my canvassing :rolleyes: ) IIRC Screwy uses the stuff.
Just found an AHB article which covers the stuff quite well (the Silver ions in mine gives it a better shelf life that what the article states)
Hope this helps.
Cheers
Doug

Could I pinch a sample from you? I'll arrange payment in the form of something from the IBS. :drinks:

Back