Invert Syrup

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

colinw

Reaction score
A friend who owns a commercial bakery gave me a bucket of commercial Invert Syrup.

Anyone know the extract potential of this stuff so I can calculate its contribution to my OG?

cheers,
Colin

A commercial bucket of invert syrup should (hopefully) have the DE (dextrose equivalent) printed on the side. I'm not 100% how it works, but I think the DE is a measure of %w/w. You might be able to base the extract potential on that.

Kai said:
A commercial bucket of invert syrup should (hopefully) have the DE (dextrose equivalent) printed on the side. I'm not 100% how it works, but I think the DE is a measure of %w/w. You might be able to base the extract potential on that.
[post="70915"][/post]​
Alas, it is unmarked. I think he transferred it into another container.

colinw Posted Today, 05:14 PM
A friend who owns a commercial bakery gave me a bucket of commercial Invert Syrup.

Anyone know the extract potential of this stuff so I can calculate its contribution to my OG?

cheers,
Colin
Invert sugar has a yield potential of 1.046 as Wes pointed out, the same as normal sugar.

cheers
Andrew

Back