Introduction

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MelbPhil

Reaction score
G'day

I'm Phil from Melbourne.

Once upon a time I used to do some Coopers home brew kits (about 7 years ago). Had a place that allowed the room to brew and store. Moved to Sydney though not long after and couldn't take any of it with me.

Made a good bunch of mates in Sydney, a number of who are very keen home brewers. All their talk and tasty beers have got me keen to get back into myself.

Recently I've moved back to Melbourne and have decided to give it a go. I'd say I'm starting from a zero base of knowledge and experience, a REAL beginner. But I really want to do more than just make those sort of Cooper kits I used to do ages ago.

So I thought I'd join AussieHomeBrewer forum, so I can look, listen and learn what I need to do get myself going. I'll probably be really annoying and ask lots of obvious questions and ask for lots of advice. But can't wait to taste my first beer.

Would love any recommendations on threads to to go to on the forum for beginners like me that talk about kit, where to get it in Melbourne etc.

Cheers

MelbPhil

Welcome mate, stalk the buy and sell thread.. Bargains come up all the time, also the bulk buy thread is a good one to watch, get in on the action there;)

MelbPhil said:
I'll probably be really annoying and ask lots of obvious questions and ask for lots of advice. But can't wait to taste my first beer.
G'day Phil, and welcome.

Make sure you use the search function on the forum here - lots of the questions you'll probably have will have already been answered/asked by others. Just click inside the box and change it from 'Google' to 'Forums' and you're away.

Back