Introducing myself

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Straya

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm Sam. Just joined and keen to learn a load from this site, especially how to brew my favourite beers.

I love White rabbit, little creatures, squires and the german wheat beers. Over the last 24 months i've met a friend who's quite into brewing and has changed me from a tooheys new man which im forever greatful for :D

My friend full grain brews and I've learnt tonnes off him and do not brew by myself, I hope to have a good understanding of how everything works in years to come and be able to one day brew alongside him without his constant supervision and my millions of questions. We just completed a White Rabbit White Ale brew that my mate did everything for, but i helped Woo! Sadly due to recent temperatures the beer was sitting at a higher than desirable temperature and the yeast went nuts and now the beer has no head. Good learning curve for me but i'll still drink all of it because it's still delicious.

I'm into growing gourmet mushrooms and my friend has just decided he would like to grow his own yeast so using some of the tools I use for cultivating mushrooms we're going to grow some yeast and hopefully use our own types of yeast for our beer and clone them when we get some desirable strains :)

Also excited about the possibility of growing some hops once i'm able to source them and then re-distributing for people if they are of good enough quality to put in our beloved brews.

Extremely excited to be a part of this forum and can't wait to chat to you in time to come!

Nice to meet you all.

Cheers, Sam

You're an early riser too from the looks of it, where abouts are you located?

There are quite a few of us into yeast ranching, it's pretty much a hobby within the hobby.

Brewing is pretty simply really, once you get the fundamentals, the sky is the limit.

Cheers

I work night shift in a gym at Emu Plains so yeah I spend my nights online reading stuff lol which isn't a bad gig but isn't great for timely responses.

Live in the Blue Mountains NSW mate and am keen to get into brewing. Nice to meet you mate

Back