Quantcast

Introducing AHB Pro

Aussie Home Brewer

Help Support Aussie Home Brewer:

dane

Reaction score
I'm proud to announce the introduction of AHB Pro a better way to experience AHB.

There's a whole heap of benefits, new features, new and more powerful permissions, more storage and no ads.

This is purely an optional membership purchase and there is no obligation to pay, your current account will continue to work as is if you don't decide to go Pro.

There's still a number of things I'm getting just right and there may be a hiccup or two, so as an introductory special, if you sign up between now and midnight on Australia Day and use ahbpro@intro as your coupon, you will receive a $10 discount.

Please read more in my blog

brettprevans

HB so good, it will raise the dead
Reaction score
doesn AHB pro mean people know how to use the fkn search button??? ill sign up in an instance

edit: how much mate. im ahppy to donate anyway (provided above issu now adays as people are shite and apparently 70yrs+ and dont know how o use a compter - rant over)

good on you for offering more options.

Robbo2234

Reaction score
If I sign up now, will it automatically charge me next year?

dane

Reaction score
citymorgue2 said:
doesn AHB pro mean people know how to use the fkn search button??? ill sign up in an instance

edit: how much mate. im ahppy to donate anyway (provided above issu now adays as people are shite and apparently 70yrs+ and dont know how o use a compter - rant over)

good on you for offering more options.
I'll have to work out a way to enforce that ;-) Got any ideas?

$30 a year, with discount it's $20 for the next week.

Robbo2234 said:
If I sign up now, will it automatically charge me next year?
You will be notified about the recurring payment before it is processed, if you do not opt out, the payment will just be processed on the renewal date.

Florian

Back On Track
Reaction score
That badge is ugly... :p

But hey, unlimited PMs is just what i needed. Now you just need to add an option to bring back all those PMs I've already deleted over the years.

brettprevans

Reaction score
ok, trying to expand the pie here, i dont care about ads, more permissions and storage yes. any other rates? if not fair enough. just asking

no ideas about the enforcing of bacif common sense other than psyometric testing. probably not going to fly here lol.... more a gag on my behalf mate. u know that. can u give us more info on the increased permissions??

geneabovill

Reaction score
Permission to delete posts that weren't searched first. :ph34r:

dane

Reaction score
geneabovill said:
Permission to delete posts that weren't searched first. :ph34r:
Ho Geneabovill, what do you mean by this? Happy to look at continuing to tweak the permissions.

geneabovill

Reaction score
Well I was referring to certain folk's proclivity to whine at newbies about searching.

But since you mention it, how 'bout naming some new mods and giving them AHB Pro for free?

dane

Reaction score
All the mods have been given Pro for free, I think we're ok for the number of mods for the moment.

Nick JD

Blah Blah Blah
Reaction score
Do not disturb : Blood from stone experiment in progress.

bum

Not entitled to an opinion
Reaction score
dane said:
All the mods have I think we're ok for the number of mods for the moment.
Quantity over quality? Mod performance needs work for real.

Logman

The most interesting man on AHB
Reaction score
Gone pro after only two years of AG brewing :p I save $20 per sack of grain at the Bulk Buys from being an AHB member - so that's probably $200 per year just there, no brainer to support this site.

FNQ Bunyip

Non Pro Member
Reaction score
haha Who couldn't see this coming ?

the place has gone to the dogs over the last couple of years ..

with the massive site hits your trying to sell you should not need to be sluging
users who have happily donated with past purchases ect .. yep right back from
magnets and sticker to shirts ect ...

Non Pro Member ...

Bribie G

Adjunct Professor
Reaction score
A lot of fora I am a member of have "contributing member" status - nothing new here. If it means that Dane can give up his day job and keep the forum developing and on track then I'm happy to chuck in a few cents per week.

benno1973

Beer Idiot
Reaction score
Personally I couldn't give a shit what dane makes from this site. It's what AHB is worth to me in terms of contacts, information, bulk buys, etc etc. $30 is a small price to pay, and it's optional anyway.

The old site used to have a 'donate' button, this isn't really any different except that it's a set amount and it opens up some new features. It'll be interesting to see what these are, but regardless, I'm happy to throw in some money for a site that has given me so much for free since I've been a member.

brettprevans

Reaction score
citymorgue2 said:
ok, trying to expand the pie here, i dont care about ads, more permissions and storage yes. any other rates? if not fair enough. just asking
dane said:
Badge can probably have a little more love.

@citymorgue2 there's a bit more of a permission run down here - http://aussiehomebrewer.com/store/product/1-ahb-pro/

What do you mean?
by rates i meant fee structure. if u go pro but keep the ads. as i said, the ads dont bother me,.

Bribie G

Adjunct Professor
Reaction score
Bugger, I always used to get into CraftBrewer from the advertising banner, now I'll have to put them on my bookmarks toolbar. Oh First World Problems :lol:
(do I get extra smilies now?)

dane

Reaction score
FNQ Bunyip said:
haha Who couldn't see this coming ?

the place has gone to the dogs over the last couple of years ..

with the massive site hits your trying to sell you should not need to be sluging
users who have happily donated with past purchases ect .. yep right back from
magnets and sticker to shirts ect ...

Non Pro Member ...
I'm not slugging anyone? It's an optional membership that extends what you are currently used to.

I havent even sold any magnets or stickers or merchandise, any merch you have purchased has been through someone else and then have put 50c or $1 towards the site. You're welcome to buy the official merch when it's ready.

Enjoy the site and the non Pro Member, it's just what you're used to.

Kaiser Soze said:
Personally I couldn't give a shit what dane makes from this site. It's what AHB is worth to me in terms of contacts, information, bulk buys, etc etc. $30 is a small price to pay, and it's optional anyway.

The old site used to have a 'donate' button, this isn't really any different except that it's a set amount and it opens up some new features. It'll be interesting to see what these are, but regardless, I'm happy to throw in some money for a site that has given me so much for free since I've been a member.
Thanks for the support, it means that I can now spend time on the site actively developing features rather than letting it stagnate.

Latest posts