Introduce Yourself.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

I'm Richard from Canberra. I've been doing kit based brewing on and off for about 15 years now. Probably done about 60 brews, but didn't keep track very well in the early days. I'm looking to expanding my brewing skills beyond the kit, and so this forum looks like the place to be :D

Next step will be fronting the Canberra Brewers Club... maybe next month.

What am I brewing at the moment? After doing about half a dozen beers on the trot, I'm just about to put down a BrewCellars Ginger beer to keep the betrothed happy. Any suggestions for improving the kit?

Cheers
Richard

hey all new member here, been brewing since new years day 2006. So far have done 86 brews, lots a different types but only can concentrate havent gone the mash just yet. I have two fermenters 23ltr, 15 ltr they are pretty much going all the time. I also like brewing and drinking cider but have found the cans arent the best. So i have just ordered some oztops and will give them a go.

Im 34 and from south east melbourne, looks a great site FTW

cheers

Hi everyone. My name is Michael and I have brewed since about 1986. Have spent most of that time just doing a kit and a kilo with varying results. Never been really happy with the results but have produced a drink that got me feeling tipsy at a great price so didnt complain. This year I have decided to persue a higher standard and have been using malts, hops and different yeasts. I am still waiting to taste the results but hope my expectations will be met. I live in Toowoomba and am responsible for 5 male children. I work as a photocopier technician. This website has been fantastic and I am spending countless hours reading all the information. I love the share factor - it is fantastic. Party on guys.

Thats right...I forgot that we share EVERYTHING on here...even Incider.....

But Welcome All ...

Jeeez...I sound like Pope Benny...

Thats right...I forgot that we share EVERYTHING on here...even Incider.....

But Welcome All ...

Jeeez...I sound like Pope Benny...

I'm always up for sharing with Stu. Here's some gear he lent me. :lol:

Itsallaboutme.jpg

Sorry I never did introduce myself. I've lost my manners.

I'm Andrew (Drew will do) and have been brewing on and off for 6 years. Planning, building and moving into our new home has taken up most of my last year and brewing was on the back burner. With the new bar in place I've increased production again in the quest to keep it full. Hoping to get an AG set up over the next year or so, until then I'm still tinkering with K&K.

Drew

P.S. InCider. If home brew causes me to look like that, I might throw it in now. :blink:

Thought I better finally post something so this is it.

I've been doing K&B for a couple of years and now moved into partial world.
Becoming addicted to the site and appreciate everyone's input and support. Big ups to Dane for the tech support too!

It seems everything I think to do/brew or ask has been mentioned or asked at some point already and it generally just takes a bit of time to find it. Often one question leads on to another and the topics stray a bit (sometimes for the better). Love it! Really, what is not to love about beer.

I feel that I'm rambling already so happy brewing one and all.

ps I know what you mean Drew but I don't think home brew caused it. I'm thinking it might be chemically induced or at least a chemical inbalance...

Just found this thread, thought id say howzit...

Names Tyler, I live in Auckland, NZ, been home brewing for about 9 months now and only doing K&K with specialty grains, i just put down my 12th batch last night and im starting to really pump them out, three fermenters on the go at all time should get me stocked up by xmas :D

Hi all, Chris here.

Been brewing on and off for that last 10 years but only really got bitten by the bug about 2 years ago when I switched from bottles to kegs. Still playing around with the K&K and getting some good results. Got plans for my AG setup sitting on the 'puter, just gotta stop moving around the country and find a place with a little more space to put it all into practice!

Cheers

Hi all, Chris here.

Been brewing on and off for that last 10 years but only really got bitten by the bug about 2 years ago when I switched from bottles to kegs. Still playing around with the K&K and getting some good results. Got plans for my AG setup sitting on the 'puter, just gotta stop moving around the country and find a place with a little more space to put it all into practice!

Cheers

Hi Chris... welcome...

I recognise your name from another beer site... Awhile ago now.

Hi All,
I'm Michele. Been around for a while. Have just started brewing again. I love the thought of making an outstanding beer and having people share it with me.

The amount of info on this site is astounding and freely given, so thank you very much for that I really appreciate it. :D

I love Commercially, Hoeggarden and Corona (not together), so they the two styles I'm going to do my best to imitate.

Cheers,

Michele

Hi All,

Thought i'd introduce myself. IVe been on the site for a month or so.

Im new to brew. A 3month n00b. although ive put down alot of brews in this time. Started off K&K. Now im onto K&K + Extras. (Steeping and what not) I have 4 fermenters going currently.

I have my first BIAB booked in for 2 weeks time. just waiting for my kettle to arrive.

I live on the Gold Coast, if there are any AG'ers around here would love to sit in on it some time!

Cheers!
Stowaway

Hi, been on AHB for a couple of months and thought I should finally post something in this thread. Did a fair bit of kit a kilo and few years ago and stopped for a while.

Rediscovered brewing late last year and have quickly progressed from kit and kilo to extract to partial mash. Trying to get the last of my AG gear sorted at the moment. Still bottle my beer, not sure if I'll get CFO approval for a keg setup (then again she drinks my beer as well)

I live in the Shire in Sydney and work in the CDB

Cheers

Stu

I am new here and thought I should introduce myself, I'm Gavin and I live on the western downs QLD.

I was doing K&K a few years ago because it was cheap. I stopped for a while while I built my house and we started the new family. I have just got back into brewing in the past few months after going to a party and a friend gave me a home brew Just a K&K using the dreaded white stuff, I thought thats not to bad and started again from there. Since then the fermenter hasn't stopped and I have just started to move from straight K&K dextrose into using Some dry malt. I am getting more interested into malt extract brewing, due to this site, might just try that once I get a few brews ahead.

Home brewing has now gone past doing it because it is cheap but because it is far better than the commercial stuff on offer.

Cheers all.

Hello All,

I like the good bloke before me a new to brewing but an old hand a sampling the good stuff!
What recommendation would you have as an easy starter. My first attempt was supposed to be "Guiness -like" but had more in common with vegemite.

What would you recommend as a good stout kit available in Perth? Also does anyone know if you can get hold of Affligem beers in WA particularly the Duble and Trippel?

Good to meet you all! L'chayim!, Slainte and Salute to you all, Noel of Perth

PS I can get hold of some metal kegs suitable for brewing for $70 but there are only 5 after me and my dad. let me know if you are interested.

My dad was doing HB in the late 60's early 70,s in Qld when it was illeagal, its his fault!

Hi all. ive been HB for the last 20 years with varing degrees of sucess. My most consistant (best) results were in Brisvegas fermenting Beeermakers XXX and then bottling. I later moved to Townsville and started kegging with very poor results. On a coupple of occasions i produced great beers, but couldn't reproduce them.

I want to get back into HB and fix what ever I was doing wrong.

Mick

Hey guys,
My name's Brett, at Uni at the moment. Just bought myself a brew kit to give this hobby a try. so far its all ive been talking about to friends the past week. lookin' good! heh

Hey All,

Been hanging around the forums for a while now, about time I intro myself. Started off doing K&K at Uni, they were crap. After a few batches gave up. Started brewing again 18 months ago, few K&K, then after getting on this forum quickly changed to Partial for a few brews, found some 5oL kegs and plummeted into allgrain. Never looking back. Each brew continues to amaze what quality can be achieved. I'm now a podcast addict, listening to every brewing podcast on my ipod as I drive around Sydney. Lately I've been rolling with the ESB crew in Sydney. Great group of guys. Aso had some success in my first competition last month.

So as the Pope says,

Brew Strong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back