Introduce Yourself.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pete,

You can take the Boy out of the Shire, but you can't take the Shire out of the Boy :D

Your visa is still valid, did you ever spend Friday afternoon at the boatramp/bottle shop?

Trevor

Im Nick,

Quite young, studying currently business management, and working part time at liquorland direct/vintage cellars online.

Been brewing for a few months now, finally got into it after watching my friend do it for so long. i knew he made good beers, and saw how to do it so i thought why not, and didnt last long before i replicated the keg system that he had.

Now i can't stop brewing, i just love the experimenting and tasting :chug:

My brother, once a VB man through and through, has finally been converted, hasnt bought VB for a long time now, my mum even thinks he is looking healthier in the face :lol:

Thats bout it for now

:)

Hi all.
I am Arthur. This nickname was given to me when I told a (true) story about a boy who worked in a brewery somewhere in Europe centuries ago and whose job was to roast the barley. One time he over rosted it by accident and made black beer. This boys name was Arthur Guiniess.
I've been brewing for about 7 yrs, mainly from kits. Tried extract and mash few times and I think it's not worth the hustle. Although the all grain beer was beautiful except I put too much Pride of Ringwood. Tried liquid yeasts too, think I will stick to dry.
Got keg system set up, there is a beer tap next to the water tap, it is beautiful, wife hates me.
I am in Melbourne. I get my supplies from s/markets, Big W, AHB in Poath road, SHB in Edithvale (now Grain and Grape I hear) or more recantly from a place on corner Centre and Warrigal Rds I think its called grow'n'brew.
The only problem I have is I can't make as much beer as I can drink even though I have 3 fermenters working overtime, 4 kegs, 100s of bottles and no one helping me drink the stuff.

hello,
wow, am i glad i found this place. i have just started brewing this year after my mother-in-law bought me a kit for christmas (that seems pretty common). i am only on my second brew and am hoping for a bit of an improvement on the first.
i live in tassie which makes it a bit difficult to brew during winter, but hopefully with some help (thats where you guys come in) my next batch will be a big step forward.
joe

Hiya!

I'm Chris just stumbled across this groovy site tonight....
Spent the past 2hrs rumaging about - already doubled my knowledge!

Only been brewing for 2mth & about to put my 4th (can) brew down
this w/e....I live up in Brizvegas (are there any homebrew clubs up here?)
Single, 32, in IT......

I love my stouts (used to drink Coopers extra stout, until it topped $5.50/bottle)...
Lived in Ireland for a year & survived on Guinness (strangely enough I lost 2st departing)
...Also loved the *real* ales of England...But IMHO for that initial summer thirst quencher,
you can't beat a Czech Pils....smooth & crisp

I decided to take up homebrewing, since beer (especially in brizzy)
is absurdly expensive, + I find the commercial beers rather bland & gassy.
I look forward to finding out more about adding malts & hops to my brews
(Loved the idea of Milo - will try that one!!!! - my fav UK bottled brew was Young's Double Chocolate Stout)

Cheers
Chris

G'day Chris good to see another Brizzie boy on the forum! I'm from Kenmore and also have been looing for a brewclub near me. From what I have been able to find out, there are 3 clubs - 1 in Pine Rivers, called Pine Rivers Underground Brewing Society (PUBS), one is called Brisbane Amateur Brewers Society (BABS) and I haven't been avle to find out what the other one is called. Over here in the Western Suburbs, a few of us have toyed with the idea of setting up our own club, as it's a bit far to drive for meetings, etc to the other clubs. I'll have to join one soon, though, because I would like to put some entries in a few competitions later this year.

Cheers - Snow.

joecast said:
i live in tassie which makes it a bit difficult to brew during winter
One word: "Lager".

Lager yeasts ferment best between 10 and 14C. Make ales in the summer to drink in winter and lager in winter to drink in summer.

Hi all

I'm Moray
also work in IT, senior systems engineer for colesmyer

I've been brewing since about 1984. I only brew extract and kits, adding malt and hops. I only use sugar for priming.

I live in the inner city, so I don't have a lot of room for brewing. I also have a 15month old daughter, who takes a fair bit of my time. And therefore only get to brew about 4 or 5 times a year.

when we eventually move out to ther burbs I am going to get a second fridge for kegging, (no more bottles yay) and lagering.

In my extra spare time I fly paragliders, and when the winds to strong to fly, I kite buggy. its a bit like a gokart, with no brakes, and powered by a bloody big kite. so far I've clocked myself at 45 k's.

anyway, should get back to work

cheers
Moray

Hi Guys

Well my name is billy and im 32, married wif no kids... well just the dog.. he thinks he is a kid ( my wif says she got 2 kids.. me and the dog :D!)

i live neer Cessnock in the hunter valley these days B) ... moved from sydney (quakers hill) about 6 weeks ago... I used to fix office machines (faxes,printers copiers, scanners etc) but im a full time brewer at the moment till i find a new job!! :(

Im a newbie to home brewing... finished frementing my first brew on tuesday (IPA blackrock can + 1KG body brew+ fuggles) and only got it in the keg today as i was caught short getting gas bottle as it took 4 -5 days to brew (about 24 deg)!!! will brew the next one colder!!

not sure how i did it but i found a link to the CB website one nite about 3 months ago and thats when i decided to start brewing... must have been those pic of the beer taps ;) so about 3 -4 weeks ago i bourght the keg starter kit and here i am... hanging out for the first cold, carboated taste of my own beer :chug: ... just hope i can call it bad billys brew and not billys bad brew!!

anyway.. i'll shut up (for now) and continue my education of brewing by reading more of this gr8 site and the excellent forum @ CB

Cheers
Billy
PS just fixing typos!!

hi iam jayse first night on this site iam 28. all grain brewing for 6 months. now have built quite impressive three tiered converted keg set up with all the bells and whistles.also ample kegs and taps etc.big grumpies fan will be growing hops starting(when they get here) in a week.nw pale ale ie lcpa is my main beer.
not an IT geek but a sound engineer.

Gday guys. Im Simsy from Perth. Been homebrewing for only a couple years but Im enjoying it heaps. Only doing the kit method atm and am too scared to do the keg system as it will probably kill my liver even quicker...
Im on the tools (electrical/communications) and live with my chick of 4 years. Hoping to learn more about brewing. Cheers!

Hello, I am THE DRUNK ARAB. I have been brewing since 1986 and have gone from K+K, extract, partial and now full mashing( for a year).
My favourite commercial beers would be Timothy Taylor Landlord, Youngs Double Chocolate Stout, Chimay Blue, Aventinus, Grumpy's Auld Fokker etc etc.
I currently have 4 kegs of which only one is empty. I try and brew at least once a month.
And I live in the City of Churches and Murders.

TDA

and you will find this same message on another post, sorry. :blink:

Well I'm Dave.

I actually already know a couple of people here, being Nicko and GSRman.

I have only been brewing for about 6 months but have already put down 6 kit beers. It would be more but I need more bottles! (or a keg system!).

I have been doing more interesting kit beers lately, using malts and hops, and I am actually putting a kit beer down this afternoon with some strawberries! I wonder how it will taste!

Oh and I'm a student doing Commerce (accounting) at Sydney Uni! So that leaves me with plenty of time to brew beer and drink it! Woo Hoo!

Time to go do some bottling!

Greetings to everyboby,

Im John and I've been brewing since May this year. Only tried kits so far. 3 beers, 2 ginger beers and 1 cider.
I'll be sticking to the beers mostly from now on though.
Even though I am partial to a cider and I have sourced juice from an orchard in outer Melb.
I'll stick to the kits for a while till I try heaps of em. I have used malt in my last brew which was a dark ale (coopers).
Ive posted a few before realising this section was here.
Ive already got 3 fermenters and a bunch of grolsch bottles so I am hooked I reckon.
I'm gonna try and propagate some yest soon for my next brew to see how I go.
There is plenty to keep you busy with a hobby like this.
I'll probably move on to mash and full grain later but I reckon kits taste great so far.
I like sites like this that have a wide variety of brewers with different levels of experince.
Very helpful for a beginner like me.
Yes I too work in it.

Nice to meet you.

PS. I like the fact you can show your picture on this site. Even though I'm the only one so far. ;-)

welcome to the mad house johnno
i reckon the rest of us are to ugly to post pics lol
im still trying to find a suitable/appropriate avatar

how's it going johnno
iam with bigd i don't wont to have to look at everones ugly mug just as much as you wont want to look at mine.haha

what is your handle on the grumpy's forum.
that coopers dark ale can with dried malt was what made me mad about brewing originally also.

Gday,

My name's Nathan (only cos I went blank when signing up - otherwise I'd be Max Power or something), I'm in Brizzy, and I work in, um, quasi-IT. Been brewing since Christmas, when the missus got me a fermenter + stuff after no small amount of hints.

I reckon forums like this are a great idea - mates who frequent Australian LS1 & Holden Forums have heaps of positive feedback about that site.

Here's to lookin' up your skirt,
Nathan

G'day nathan,

good to see another Brissie brewer out there. What area are you from? I hail from Kenmore in the west.

Cheers - Snow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back