Interesting Brewery Doco

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

felten

Homebrew Conjecturist
Reaction score
There's an interesting brewery doco doing the rounds on discovery science channel via foxtel done by the team at "whats that about".

their synopsis: The Brewery
How do beer giants make beer taste exactly the same in billions of bottles every year? Meanwhile, small and original brewers blaze new trails in beer making. Can chemical warfare help make better beer? Meet the builders of the latest high-tech breweries. See who's making the best - and some of the strangest - new suds on the market today.

I think it repeats on thursday and saturday this week

You may or may not be able to find a program of that title on numerous bit torrent sites. Although I am unsure what a bit torrent actually is or what one of their site would or could be used for? Although I imagine if you didn't have foxtel It may be something to investigate?

Just booked to record on the foxtel website. Heres the details :

The Brewery: How do beer giants make beer taste exactly the same in billions of bottles every year? Meanwhile, small and original brewers blaze new trails in beer making. Can chemical warfare help make better beer?

Long synopsis: How do beer giants make beer taste exactly the same in billions of bottles every year? Meanwhile, small and original brewers blaze new trails in beer making. Can chemical warfare help make better beer? Meet the builders of the latest high-tech breweries. On location in Charlottetown, PEI; Moncton, NB; and Toronto, ON, see who's making the best - and some of the strangest - new suds on the market today.

Series: 3
Episode Title: The Brewery
Genre: News & Documentaries
Sub-Genre: Science/Nature
Language: English
Colour type: Colour

Thurs 8th April 3.30pm. Chanell 638.

Damn i love being able to just log on on remotley record shows from my PC.

Damn i love being able to just log on on remotley record shows from my PC

Here here Fents the iphone foxtel app for IQ kicks ass also

You may or may not be able to find a program of that title on numerous bit torrent sites. Although I am unsure what a bit torrent actually is or what one of their site would or could be used for? Although I imagine if you didn't have foxtel It may be something to investigate?

Queued ;)

In related newz, Food Tech aired an ep called Hot Dogs and Beer 2 days ago.

The file you are looking for is:
Food.Tech.S01E10.720p.HDTV.x264-MOMENTUM or
Food.Tech.S01E10.Hot.Dogs.and.Beer.HDTV.XviD-MOMENTUM

I haven't watched it yet, but at quick scan the presenter demonstrates keg cleaning, visits a hop farm, I see him pitching pellets into a kettle, etc.

Cheers
reVox

In related newz, Food Tech aired an ep called Hot Dogs and Beer 2 days ago.

The file you are looking for is:
Food.Tech.S01E10.720p.HDTV.x264-MOMENTUM or
Food.Tech.S01E10.Hot.Dogs.and.Beer.HDTV.XviD-MOMENTUM

I haven't watched it yet, but at quick scan the presenter demonstrates keg cleaning, visits a hop farm, I see him pitching pellets into a kettle, etc.

Cheers
reVox
booked in to iq. I'll have to get that iPhone app.

Anyone know of any other beer related docos? Even on the history... Anything to do with beer

Going to get this one recorded on iq!

hey fellas, im trying to set the recording online, but i cant find the right page, im in 'my account' homepage but cant find the tv guide....
any hints?

Pretty good doco, I'd preferred it to have focused on the micro side but not bad.

good show, a bit too much on the big breweries but i found the fabrication side interesting and the spotlight on the church key brewery and his catch her in the rye with caraway looked like a brew to research

cheers

Dave

:speeling

good show, a bit too much on the big breweries but i found the fabrication side interesting and the spotlight on the church key brewery and his catch her in the rye with caraway looked like a brew to research

cheers

Dave

:speeling

It looked good didn't it. :)
You had to love the open/closed sign on the church.

open and nope! loved that!

I liked how at the budweiser brewery, the chick went up to the guy at the computer and told him to add the hops...oh and how the brew master was using hop flowers...didn't mention the isohops.

Fun to watch...

yeah, tried finding some info on the rye with caraway but no luck :(

the molson brewery build would've cost someone some cash when they ripped out half the stainless pipe and condemned it over the welds, the scrap steel skips would've been a good spot to be lurking in the shadows ;)

cheers

yeah, tried finding some info on the rye with caraway but no luck :(

the molson brewery build would've cost someone some cash when they ripped out half the stainless pipe and condemned it over the welds, the scrap steel skips would've been a good spot to be lurking in the shadows ;)

cheers

Just dug around in Ratebeer for a bit, and that guy at Church-key Brewing doesn't mind experimenting a bit - ginger and rosemary in a summer ale, basil and chocolate in a porter and what seems to be chewing tobacco in another porter :eek: . Respect!

its on again tomorrow at 6am and on Sat 7.30pm for those, like me, who missed it ;)

jez

Back